7970 CrossfireX Eyefinity issues?

Hitmanthe3rd

Limp Gawd
I recently got my second 7970 (Full system in SIG) When I play Skyrim in Eyefinity I'm getting about 40 lows 75 highs. My friend on a single 7970 system same Processor, is getting 60FPS average. With 2 cards I feel like I should be doing significantly better frames wise. When I play BF3 I get about double the frames I was getting on a single card setup in eyefinity.

I'm assuming for Crossfire all I need is the Profile pack that is right under the standard driver pack. If I'm doing something wrong, or if anybody has any advice, throw it out there! Thanks

skyrim is a bad game engine for sli/crossfire set ups.
so in some games your actually better off with one card.

run ATIman driver cleaner and remove your driver and reinstall everything. Then use the disable ULPS option. You may also want to set it to AFR friendly.

I was having all kinds of issues after adding a second 6970. Those steps cleared up my problems.

run ATIman driver cleaner and remove your driver and reinstall everything. Then use the disable ULPS option. You may also want to set it to AFR friendly.

I was having all kinds of issues after adding a second 6970. Those steps cleared up my problems.

ATIman will not run. I'm the only user on my computer and I cannot right click and run as admin, or edit it in the compatibility settings, or in the advanced section of it. After reading forums nobody really seems to have a fix except reinstall the OS...Which is just silly. So I just uninstalled drivers using the 12.11 uninstaller and reinstalled. Hopefully it makes a difference.

skyrim is a bad game engine for sli/crossfire set ups.
so in some games your actually better off with one card.

Skyrim is very CPU bound.

skyrim_1280_800.gif

skyrim_1920_1200.gif

OP, BF3 giving you great scaling means your cards/system is fine.

Thanks! Yeah that's what I figured. Skyrim is completely flawless still, other than a little stuttering fixed by capping the FPS at 59. But other than that, every other game works great, besides PLanetside 2 but thats a whole nother issue. That game is just poorly optimized.

Back