• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7970 arrived today, which driver/adapters?

Sparrow_69

Gawd
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Messages
776
My visiontek 7970 was delivered to my place today (I'm at work but can't wait to get home to try it out ;) ) Which drivers are best to use right now with the 7900 series? AMD's site points me to 8.921.2 RC11. Is that best? I've been reading up on the 12.2 preview that was modified to work with the 7900 series http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=357820. Is that better?

Also, my 7970 came with an hdmi-> dvi & mini dp-> dvi. Since I'm running 3x1 eyefinity, I'm curious to know if I can use the hdmi-dvi-mini dp to run the 3 screens (I seem to remember the 5800 series the dvi/hdmi were shared and could not be used at the same time. Thanks for any help :)
 
I'm running with 8.921.5

Driver Packaging Version: 8.921.5-111229a-131232C-ATI
Catalyst Version: 11.12

I downloaded from Sapphire website... it's working ok for me at least the 3 games I tested: BF3, Skyrim and APB Reloaded.
 
There's only one driver, the RC 11 that is used un all thee reviews on the front page so far.
 
Does anyone know when the 12.3 drivers are out for the 7970?
 
I'm running with 8.921.5

Driver Packaging Version: 8.921.5-111229a-131232C-ATI
Catalyst Version: 11.12

I downloaded from Sapphire website... it's working ok for me at least the 3 games I tested: BF3, Skyrim and APB Reloaded.

Checking these out right now
 
Back
Top