Considering getting a 7970... I've had a Radeon HD 5870 for about two years now. It's a great card. The card has always performed well at stock, but I've never been able to overclock it with AMD overdrive when using two monitors.
I'm interested in boosting with AMD overdrive on a 7970, because I've seen some reviews where the card was able to give out a noticeable amount of performance and well... these newer cards coming out should definitely be able to handle it. It's kind of sad two years later and the dual monitor screen flickering still occurs. Looking around I've came to the conclusion it's not just a problem affecting myself.
So the question is, does this problem still happen with the newer cards? Preferably the new 7970. Whenever I search for information on this issue, all different AMD cards come up with having experienced the same, or similar issue. Any new owners of the card post some information please!
I'm interested in boosting with AMD overdrive on a 7970, because I've seen some reviews where the card was able to give out a noticeable amount of performance and well... these newer cards coming out should definitely be able to handle it. It's kind of sad two years later and the dual monitor screen flickering still occurs. Looking around I've came to the conclusion it's not just a problem affecting myself.
So the question is, does this problem still happen with the newer cards? Preferably the new 7970. Whenever I search for information on this issue, all different AMD cards come up with having experienced the same, or similar issue. Any new owners of the card post some information please!