7950GX2 Or 8900GTX

clubsport

Limp Gawd
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me when the 8900 GTX Card will come out?
and will it be better than the 7950GX2 eXtreme 1GB :confused:

i dont know,
but i guess it will.

btw, it isnt realy 1mb, just 2 x 512 so it stays 512. just like sli

the numbers you have chosen makes me think it definately will be better. What i mean is if you look at the 6 series and all the others for that matter.

They all start with the first card from the first 100 , i.e. 6100 then 6200 , 6600.

the number you have chosen are 8900 , which is the 8 series and probably one of the last cards in that series so i think it will be better but at the same time i may be wrong they might start the series from what you have said. :) :)

dude i have been high and low for this information. i have been to countless review and preview sites, sites that come up with total bull shit in hopes you believe that theire stories are correct (AHEM Inquierer). but i have never seen such estimated figures, nor have i see that date. i was expecting this release to be sometime in autumn.

but i guess i need to pay more attention to the road map huh. does anyone have a road map for Nvidia, i know iv seen em i just cant find one....

edit: thats another thing. im betting its gonna be called 8700/8800. the name was dumb two. the 7950GX2 shouldnt have the 50. just 7900GTX Twin, or something like that. if Nvidia were to release a 8900 as the first all pro card of the series, they would be shooting themselves in the foot. its gonna be called the 8700/8800. they need room to add more cards.

then again, IMHO, the G71/G73, really killed the G70/G72, as such the G71/G73 coulda been named the G81/G82, and coulda probibly started the new series.

edit again: i was of the firm opinion it would be ATI to make the next move. only makes sense. i mean even after the second half of the seven series launch, they were working on R&D for PS3. ATi on the otherhand, was done, everything! what have they been doing? just working on the chipset for Badaxe? or Physics processing on their GPUs? Lazy bums, those are nice but you need to be working on a contender for Nvidia!

What in gods name are you thinking. This is the dumbest question ever, there is no proof, evidence, lies, rumors, or even thought of an '8900GTX'. We dont eve know if theyre gonna call it that....what are you thinking!? Of COURSE a new card will be better, no matter WHAT you buy theres always something better in 6 months.

man this subject is getting funnier by the second. :)

The truth is i wouldnt be surprised of anything that came out of peoples mouth because we humans are like that.

A question enters in our heads and it makes a pickle out of it and the person. Bless him or her (it does happen to hers more often than he,s though).

might even be dx11 :)

Why is it the number 8900 and not a 8100 or something ?

Nvidia is going to be very limited with this series.

Money grabbing bastids, thats all they are, they have just released the 7950, but no that shit aint good enough for them, a couple months later they want you to feel that your hardware isnt good anymore, so you have to buy there latest and greatest.

BULLSHIT if you ask me, the longer they take to release them the better.....

Shouldn't it be like the 8200? Because the 5200 was the first in the series (numberwise) and the 6200 (numberwise, not in like a timeline). EDIT: I have proof that thats false, "it is 3 times better then the 7850 GX2". Whats the 7850 GX2? I'm just wondering, i thought there was only 7950 GX2

Actually there is another thing i have notice which happens in this industry and that is the supply and demand curve and the competition curve.

If you look now and the last 6 months we had 7800 gt or 7800gtx which was sold at £700 and now becuase of these factors competion, supply and demand and new technology we can buy a 7950 at £400.

So i definately think we have exiting times a head of us. Graphic cards believe it or not are getting cheaper , its also the same with the CPU , we have more cores and that to is good for the consumer.

Its like the buy one get one free has been taken to a new level :)

Exiting times ahead. YIPPEEEE

the 8800gt and 8800gtx will come out saterday, jully 15. the 8800gt is 3 times better than the 7850x2. the nda is keeping me from releasing more details

You actually believe this?.. ROFLL!L!L!!L!O!LOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!1!!!!!!
I guess its never coming out because I have never heard of a month called jully. 2nd off, there is now way in hell that the next card will be 3x as powerful as a sli-in-a-box card like the 7950.. I could see it MAYBE coming close to matching it..

and what the fuck is the nda? Is Jack Bauer going to come take him out if he "leaks" more info?.. maybe Jack Bauer has one of those 8800's in his overpowered pda. :rolleyes:

lloose said:
You actually believe this?.. ROFLL!L!L!!L!O!LOLOLOLOLO!!!!!!1!!!!!!
I guess its never coming out because I have never heard of a month called jully. 2nd off, there is now way in hell that the next card will be 3x as powerful as a sli-in-a-box card like the 7950.. I could see it MAYBE coming close to matching it..

and what the fuck is the nda? Is Jack Bauer going to come take him out if he "leaks" more info?.. maybe Jack Bauer has one of those 8800's in his overpowered pda. :rolleyes:
nvidia would be stupid to release a card that wasn't faster than a card currently available on the market. so it will probably be faster.a

there's a new post everyday asking which is better, would it be best if i waited

damn people THINK, if i were to click NEW POSTS every 10 min there's usually a new one created

The first DX10 card from Nvidia will not have a unified shader arch. so it's rather pointless. Besides, who is going to be making DX10 games in the next few months? You'll have Crysis like in a year or two, and what else? :p

Spoudazo said:
The first DX10 card from Nvidia will not have a unified shader arch. so it's rather pointless. Besides, who is going to be making DX10 games in the next few months? You'll have Crysis like in a year or two, and what else? :p

exactly, DX 10 makes it hard to judge just how much faster it is.

also, for those asking "why isnt it the 8200" the answer is simple. performance cards are always *600 or greater, the ones below that are from the same technology the series uses, but mainstreamified. EX. the 6200, baised on 110nm process (6 series signature), has all the porportions in terms of Texture mapping/polygon calculating/shading that the 6800 and 6600 have. so the 6200is a mainstream version of a 6600GT or 6800.

"limited in the series" is sorta dumb too. because if the series becomes full in 100 incraments, make a new series! no problemo.

marketings got it all worked out dont worrie.

oh yeah, again, those dates, cant find any support, can we get a second source? and for those who think the makers on crack, the link could just be old. like prior to launch of 7900 old.

rox1co said:
i just clicked that link

pretty sad. find a new source

Lol! Try comparing the url to his name...

Yeah... sarcasm, a mystery this is to you, yes? Dang.

You actually believe this?.. ROFLL!L!L!!L!O!LOLOLOLOLO!!!!! !1!!!!!!

and what the fuck is the nda? Is Jack Bauer going to come take him out if he "leaks" more info?.. maybe Jack Bauer has one of those 8800's in his overpowered pda.

Wow. Just wow.

i am glad some of you got the joke. next time people ask when the card is going to come out just point them to my computer news site :D

Spoudazo said:

I thought Crysis was coming out in Q4?

Ok joking aside, the speculation about the G80 never ends here is the latest supposedly true info:

1- G80 is coming in August
2- Will be called the GeForce 8 series
3- The core will sport over 500 Million transistors !!!!!!!
4- Is the biggest architectural change for Nvidia since the NV40

The above 4 points came from the mouth of Nvidia themselves in a recent developer conference.

Flow said:
i dont know,
but i guess it will.

btw, it isnt realy 1[Gb], just 2 x 512 so it stays 512. just like sli

no its one gig. 512 per core, but one gig. there are physically enough Magnets to make for 1gb of ram.

lol. didnt pay attention to his name. wow. that was retarded.

THE 8800GTX will have like. SIXXxxxxxmaybe SEVEN HUNDRED Gigs. Of ram.

And it will own shit so hard, you will be like damn, I have never seen a single graphics card own shit that hard. Like for real it would be like your graphics card is tearing ass around your parking lot, only inside your computer. Fucking awesome right? yea.

J-M-E said:
THE 8800GTX will have like. SIXXxxxxxmaybe SEVEN HUNDRED Gigs. Of ram.

And it will own shit so hard, you will be like damn, I have never seen a single graphics card own shit that hard. Like for real it would be like your graphics card is tearing ass around your parking lot, only inside your computer. Fucking awesome right? yea.

lol. nice. its gonna be like in your computer "OH RUNNING THIS GAME AT 60 FPS BITCH! 156 FPS WHAT WHAT CPU, WHAT OMFG YOU FUCKING NOOOB. DONT GEMME THIS SHIET. 60 FPS RIGHT NOW BOOOOOOOOM HEAD SHOT"

MrWizard6600 said:
lol. nice. its gonna be like in your computer "OH RUNNING THIS GAME AT 60 FPS BITCH! 156 FPS WHAT WHAT CPU, WHAT OMFG YOU FUCKING NOOOB. DONT GEMME THIS SHIET. 60 FPS RIGHT NOW BOOOOOOOOM HEAD SHOT"

ZACKLY! THAT IS THE TYPE OF SHIT i'm fucking TALKIN ABOUT! YES. ITS GONNA BE LIKE BOOM HEADSHOTTIN THE CPU AND SHIT LIKE WHAT BITCH, IM THE JUGGARNAUT, YEA! FUCKIN 60 FPS FOR BREAKFAST LUNCH AND DINNEr. 60FPS. THATS ALL I RUN AT 60 FPS. AGIHT!?! YA FEEL ME BRA?

so yea. 8800gtx.

DaCoOlNeSs said:
nvidia would be stupid to release a card that wasn't faster than a card currently available on the market. so it will probably be faster.a

think about that for a minute...

every "new" series of cards has cards slower then the last releases, even if on new architectures.

Back