7950 BF3 issues?

CousinVin

Limp Gawd
I just finished up my rig, and I am having issues with bf3. It will play nicely on maxed settings, nothing is overheating, and the game will just freeze out of the blue. There isn't any frame drop before it does, there are no warning signs, it just freezes. Are there known issues with these cards & bf3 not getting along?

Are you using Afterburner? Make sure you turn off enable low level hardware access interface.

I only installed the drivers on the sapphire cd that came along with it. For some reason the ones on their site seemed to be a bit finiky. or maybe i did something wrong.

brb bios

I joined in half way through a game and finished fine. Then joined another at the beginning and made it to the last 50 spawns (conquest) and it froze again. I did go into the bios and turn the onboard vga from auto to disabled if there is anything in the PCI-e slot. I figure auto would detect this anyway, which it obviously did if i could run it max settings for a while.

It happened first playing the campaign. I got through the first two levels, then on the first Jet level i made it most of the way through and it froze. On multiplayer it is doing it every game almost. Tomorrow i may lower the AA and AF a bit and see if that helps. For now, its off to bed.

Last edited:
figured it out... it was Origin. I turned off in game activity. It baffles me that the program that launches the game would cause it to crash.

Back