• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

790i & Tri-SLI?

RX3

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jan 12, 2007
Messages
1,645
Hey guys

I just wanted to get some opinions from the great minds here at the [H]. I currently have one 260GTX. I am going to upgrade here soon, I have a 2nd 260GTX and 750i FTW waiting in the box and will be buying a Q9550 as well.

My question to you is, is it advisable to purchase another 260GTX and a 790i to go tri-sli Or should I just hold off until the new nvidia DX11 fermi? I am a graphics whore, so yes I would love the new DX11 features :) I have always been a Nvidia guy, so I'm not thinking of getting the DX11 enabled ATI.

Spend around $200 now to get tri-sli. Sell all three cards later for around $300 (hopefully) to buy new tech when I get the itch. How will the 3 260GTXs (192 core) stand up against the new cards today?
 
Simple answer, hold off. No way to predict how the new stuff will bench, but I'm pretty sure a 775 Quad would hold back the triple-SLI setup- there's just too much overhead to make it work.
 
Back
Top