790FX+SB750?

qwksi1

Gawd
Has anyone seen a list of mobos announed with this combo? I thought that the 790FX was supposed to be cheaper than 790GX but the only one out (Foxconn) is DOUBLE the price of the GX's... whats the deal?

You have it backwards, the 790FX is still the top of the line platform, and the only one allowing four video cards.

Well it seems to me (I read it in an article somewhere) that the FX would be cheaper to produce due to the lack of an hd3300 gpu and ddr3/2 sideport memory.... what you guys are saying is proving to be correct for now....

Yea something is wrong here. No reviews and no asus. I was going to upgrade to the FX. But intel seems to be the path!:mad:

There are a lot of reviews still being cooked, I think people are taking their time working with ACC as well as waiting on new BIOS. Several beta's have been released already so I think people are just being cautious. So far what's appearing looks very good. Also manufacturers tend to add a lot of extras to the high-end part adding to the additional cost.

Its been almost a month since the asus press release, and longer with the rumors.
So I am thinking the magical extra pins is not what they claim.
Amd is getting smoked this is their great white hope!

Its been almost a month since the asus press release, and longer with the rumors.
So I am thinking the magical extra pins is not what they claim.
Amd is getting smoked this is their great white hope!

I'm seeing people go past their previous overclock brickwalls in lots of forums, hitting as high as 3.4Ghz, so it does work. I think the review sites are taking their time though.

I'm seeing people go past their previous overclock brickwalls in lots of forums, hitting as high as 3.4Ghz, so it does work. I think the review sites are taking their time though.

I'd agree... They are taking their time because the drivers/BIOS
are still not quite up to par...

Many people that have gotten new SB750 boards are reporting
great improvements in O'Clocking but I think there is a lot more
comming as drivers/BIOS mature... Review sites are just being
resposible so they don't give the wrong impression with a half
baked review...

More information on AMD 790GX will be presented later on as we hope to publish a review of several boards soon. Stay tuned.

I'm seeing many statments similar to this from many sites...

Since the FX series is being marketed as the high end I think
they are being extra careful to present accurate results... ;)

As for the difference in price, I've been comparing photos of
FX and GX boards from the same manufacturer side by side
and it seems to me though the FX may lack the IG, the boards
themselves seem to have much more and higher end circuitry
and components... For example, there seem to be more capacitors
in the power circuits (PWM's) which suggests they have beefed
the FX boards up to handle higher user demand... You don't buy
an FX board to run one small G'Card and a low end CPU with
a mild O'Clock... ;)

I myself am going for the GX though as that will suit my plans
nicely... :)

Back