7900gtx problem

alphaqforever247

[H]ard|Gawd
well i hear there are allot of problems with the 7900 series well heres mine. people are saying it freezes on and off while playing some games. well yesterday mine started to do that while playing bf2 but not during gameplay it only happens to me while im looking for a server to join. also i have this problem where i load up bf2 and i get avg 60-90 fps then i quit playing for a bit load it up again and my fps drops to 25-35 fps avg then the only way i can fix it is by restarting it. and today while playing need for speed most wanted it did the same thing but while i was playing. i was running from the cops then all of a sudden i feel lag like my frames juss dropped. ne one ever experience these problems?? what do u guys think is wrong. im using the most current drivers on nvdias web site.

gigabyte k8n sli pro
amd 64 3200 venice stock
512x2 kinston value ram 512 mushkin value ram
evga 7900gtx 512 egs
antec smart power 500 watt
120 gig seagate HD

i know my cpu bottle necks my video card i only get 8500 on 3dmark05 but i wouldnt think it would give me the fps drop out of ne where problem.

i know this is off topic but does ne one know how to see FPS in these games

need for speed most wanted
call of duty 2
fear

i know for battlefield2 u bring down the console and type renderer.drawfps 1

is there ne way to get the fps on those games with out dl fraps??

what resoulutions ect are ou running, i think your bottlenecking badly

alphaqforever247 said:
is there ne way to get the fps on those games with out dl fraps??
Yes there is,
Fraps will display FPS in any game you wish

edit: woops didnt read the w/o dl fraps part

The 7900 GTX appears to have an overheating issue on the voltage regulator components. I have 4 GTX cards, and they all exhibit this behavoir. Well, used to exhibit this behavior. I mounted a fan to move air across the backside of the card where the heat issue occured, and the artifacts cleared up and the cards no longer slow down or artifact in BF2.

A good test is to run the last test of 3DMark06. If you have an issue there, it will also appear in BF2.

HeavyH20 said:
The 7900 GTX appears to have an overheating issue on the voltage regulator components. I have 4 GTX cards, and they all exhibit this behavoir. Well, used to exhibit this behavior. I mounted a fan to move air across the backside of the card where the heat issue occured, and the artifacts cleared up and the cards no longer slow down or artifact in BF2.

A good test is to run the last test of 3DMark06. If you have an issue there, it will also appear in BF2.

soo u also have been experiencing the same issues as mee as in FPS drops??? all what u need to get it a fan in the back to fix this problem were did u get this fan ne link???

alphaqforever247 said:
i run all those games at 1600by1200 everything max at 4x AA

Hey, dont wanna burst your bubble, but with your set up, 40-50 fps in need for speed most wanted is about right. 1600x1200 with 4xaa is serious stuff.....lol. Even id have a hard time getting anything higher with my set up.

AMD FX-55 @ 2.9 w/XP-120
2x512 OCZ El Platinum Rev 2 @ ddr 530 1:1
Asus A8R-MVP Deluxe @ 260
7900GTX 700/1700
audigy 2 platinum
520 watt ocz modstream
etc....etc.....,etc....

Like i said, its a bit much for your set up. Try lowering the resolution to 1280x720 or if your not overclocking your 3200+ try 1152x864. I game at 1024x768, i do this because i dont EVER want my frames to drop below 85. I vsync at 85 in all my games and it runs silky smooth. Of course i also use 4xaa and 8xaf, but like i said, if my frames drop below 85 even for a second then im not satisfied. I could NEVER play a game at like 40-50 fps. No matter how "pretty" it looked.

lag in BF2 is NOT ur graphics card.

it is a major CPU bottleneck...oc ur cpu and i think ul be surprised

edit:
do yourself a favor and get 2x1GB ram especially for the resolutions you wish to play at BF2 is a memory hog.

Render said:
lag in BF2 is NOT ur graphics card.

it is a major CPU bottleneck...oc ur cpu and i think ul be surprised

edit:
do yourself a favor and get 2x1GB ram especially for the resolutions you wish to play at BF2 is a memory hog.

whats a good ram u reccomend to buy im running value ram right now

Back