• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7900GTX pre orders started....

Also, if you look at the other article that The Inquirer just posted, they are claiming that most of Nvidia's partners will be able to ship the 7900GTX with a core clock of 710mhz. If this is true then maybe the 7900GTX will be able to possibly keep up with and/or beat the X1900XTX. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed, but either way I'm getting one through Evga's step-up program. Can anyone say $500-$350=$150 for a 7900GTX 512MB, I sure can, and I can't wait to get mine. :eek: :D
 
Im doing the same thing! ^

Selling off BFG 7800GT and then stepping-up from my eVGA 7800GT to a single 7900GTX.

:D
 
Now, Hardware prices in Denmark where i live are very high, as example a x1900xtx is 5500 DKK which is $880 USD, but check out the Polish prices...

3100 Polish Zlotych for 7900GTX is $980 USD :eek:

Belgium prices are much better...

500€ in Belgium for 7900GTX is $600 USD

Anyways, i've been holding out for the 7900GTX (prolly SLi, yea, i got 2405fpw), so that gonna be a pretty penny getting that, prolly around 5000-5500 DKK for a single card, totalling $1750 USD for a SLi 7900GTX setup :(
 
INQ said:
This confirms that we got the prices right and that 7900 GTX won't cost more than €499, will be priced around 7900 GT €299 while 7600GT will be priced at sub €199. A very few mysteries remain but we do need some numbers before these cards are out next week. µ

Ahem . . . As far as I can tell, they said it was going to be $499 for the GTX not €499 . . . :rolleyes:
 
Will the GTX be the highest or will there be an Ultra?


Anyways, I'm down for a pair.
 
i am sorry, but what "idiot" would pre-order a card they dont even KNOW how it performs yet ?

Am i missing something?
 
nice, Poland, I'm Polish so I'm happy to see Poland being one of the first countrys to get the new cards. :)
 
MrGuvernment said:
i am sorry, but what "idiot" would pre-order a card they dont even KNOW how it performs yet ?

Am i missing something?

.

I would :)
 
Not too fast, as a previous poster pointed out, a 7900 512 will cost $980 USD. Remember, NVIDIA is set to launch a card with 1GB of memory after the next ATI Card rears its head. I dont know about the rest of you, but this will be my third go-round on SLI cards. When will the madness end?
 
theseeker said:
Not too fast, as previous poster pointed out, a 7900 512 will cost $980 USD. .


thats poland not here, he also pointed out that Belgium has it listed for $600 us
 
benamaster said:
Single Slot with 512mb 7900GTX, I'd order two.

Maybe 4...

Thought I read a rumor somwere [H]ere that a single slot 7900GTX is being devoloped for quad sli capability, but I dont see why buying 1 pair could yeild the same performance as regular sli setup.
 
Carnage311 said:
Also, if you look at the other article that The Inquirer just posted, they are claiming that most of Nvidia's partners will be able to ship the 7900GTX with a core clock of 710mhz. If this is true then maybe the 7900GTX will be able to possibly keep up with and/or beat the X1900XTX. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed, but either way I'm getting one through Evga's step-up program. Can anyone say $500-$350=$150 for a 7900GTX 512MB, I sure can, and I can't wait to get mine. :eek: :D


pretty sure the 7900gtx will win in non shader intensive games, even at 600-650mhz
 
why would we need 1Gb of Vram when only a few of us have 512Mb cards? and whats that going to cost. $1500 a card. i can only pray they put a 512bit controller on it
 
Have you seen the Crysis video? If that games comes out by the end of the year you will so need the 1gig of video ram to hold all those textures that you see when you view across the island.
 
MrGuvernment said:
i am sorry, but what "idiot" would pre-order a card they dont even KNOW how it performs yet ?

Am i missing something?

I think you'll find that most of the ppl already pre-ordering without seeing numbers have never owned a gfx card without an Nvidia badge on it......
 
MrGuvernment said:
i am sorry, but what "idiot" would pre-order a card they dont even KNOW how it performs yet ?

Am i missing something?

Nope, you hit the nail right on the head. I can understand the step-up program, but the rest of you, its total idiocy.
 
Mrwang said:
Nope, you hit the nail right on the head. I can understand the step-up program, but the rest of you, its total idiocy.

If there wasn't a title next to our names i think i would be stunned by what you said. Gladly there is and the fact you lack experiance shows why you don't understand this game.
 
psychoace said:
If there wasn't a title next to our names i think i would be stunned by what you said. Gladly there is and the fact you lack experiance shows why you don't understand this game.


There is nothing to understand, you are blindly buying a product to which you dont know how it performs vs currently availible technology.

You are buying something based on rumour and paper, with no hard evidence behind it.
 
well for me i know the 7900gt is going to be faster then the 7800gt and will have the same price so me pre-ordering now would be smart because then i will get it earlier if there isn't much product at launch. Even if it's only 3fps faster it's still faster and costs the same so no I wouldn't be an idiot for pre-ordering the item before it's released. I am a patient consumer
 
I think people have a pretty good idea of how fast this card is gonna be, vs what their upgrading from. As far as how it will perform toe-to-toe against other top cards is up in the air but there is no need for name-calling for people who pre-order, especially when stores offer refunds. And besides, this is a hardware enthusiast site.
 
I'm just crossing my fingers and hopping eVGA will have the 7900GT before my step-up option runs out in 2 months. I got my self a eVGA 7800 GT off newegg last month. Would be sweet to get a 7900GT out of the deal for a few bucks more.

As for pre-order If I didn't just buy a 7800 I would pre-order a card site unseen. WHY??

1. The 7800 cards kicked ass.
2. nVidia is not going to release a sub-par card. The current specs out do the older card.
3. nVidia is not going to let ATi hold the crown any longer then they have to.

So if you want one Pre-Order is a no brainer! They are going to be very hard to find for the first month.
 
so are you guys saying that when the card comes out in the US, it's going to cost 600-800 bucks on newegg instead of the 499 bucks they promised the 7900xt version would cost?
 
No those prices are for those area's which is in europe. Usually they have a more insane price cost then us because of shipping and taxes and other junk. America will not be that high.
 
MrGuvernment said:
There is nothing to understand, you are blindly buying a product to which you dont know how it performs vs currently availible technology.

You are buying something based on rumour and paper, with no hard evidence behind it.


Im upgrading from a geforce 4 and my company is paying half for all pc parts, I would be stupid not to get it regardless of the performance. Even at 10% faster then the 7800 Ill still take it.
 
Dapperdan said:
Im upgrading from a geforce 4 and my company is paying half for all pc parts, I would be stupid not to get it regardless of the performance. Even at 10% faster then the 7800 Ill still take it.


okay, you got me on that one..lol - is your company hiring ? :)
 
kuyaglen said:
I think people have a pretty good idea of how fast this card is gonna be, vs what their upgrading from. As far as how it will perform toe-to-toe against other top cards is up in the air but there is no need for name-calling for people who pre-order, especially when stores offer refunds. And besides, this is a hardware enthusiast site.
exactly, well put kuyaglen. you only come off as immature and somewhat envious/devious when making comments of that nature regardless of the "status" you aquired on these boards..
 
7900GTX at 700mhz would beat the X1900xtx in pretty much everything. The GTX 512 is only 550mhz and that's pretty close already.
 
meatfestival said:
7900GTX at 700mhz would beat the X1900xtx in pretty much everything. The GTX 512 is only 550mhz and that's pretty close already.
and thats the bottom line....
 
If the price is $599 for a 7900GTX with 512mb and it beats the x1900xtx then I'd preorder two!
 
psychoace said:
well for me i know the 7900gt is going to be faster then the 7800gt and will have the same price so me pre-ordering now would be smart because then i will get it earlier if there isn't much product at launch. Even if it's only 3fps faster it's still faster and costs the same so no I wouldn't be an idiot for pre-ordering the item before it's released. I am a patient consumer


With nvidia's recent track record on hard launches, I doubt they'll be any availability problems on launch day for those who want to see actual numbers in a review before they put up their money.

Even the 7800 GTX 512 was available on launch day for those who wanted it.

How are you a patient consumer?
 
Tigerblade said:
I think you'll find that most of the ppl already pre-ordering without seeing numbers have never owned a gfx card without an Nvidia badge on it......

You mean, like instead of Matrox or something? :D
 
nyc718wolf said:
exactly, well put kuyaglen. you only come off as immature and somewhat envious/devious when making comments of that nature regardless of the "status" you aquired on these boards..


I am hardly envious / devious or immature - i just like FACTS behind what i am buying, not rumours and hear say or bragging rights cause i was the first kid on my block with a new card.

If i had of built my new gaming rig i had planned - i would of waited until this release, seen some real life performance from people, then decided if i should buy it or an x1900* card - it's called being a smart consumer - not jumping the bandwagon cause X site said this card will be DA BOMB!

As above, sure if you are moving up from say a G4 card - sure you will see gains, upgrading from anyting prior to the 7800 / x1800 line you likely will - how big of a gain you may see is another story and i wouldnt want to be the one to find out that the 7900 fails where it was supposed to exceed and i have to wait 6 months for NVIDIA to release some hot drivers for the card giving it the performance it was "claimed" to have on release.

I dont see why someone who has a good card now cant wait 1-2 weeks after launch - since their isnt reported to be any shortages on these cards, and possibly for prices to level out, or any card for that matter - why not wait to see how well it performs to decide if the 7900 is really all that great?


P.S - i do apologies for using the word idiot. But i think people could be "smarter" about purchasing this with little hard fact behind it.
 
<I dont see why someone who has a good card now cant wait 1-2 weeks after launch - since their isnt reported to be any shortages on these cards, and possibly for prices to level out, or any card for that matter - why not wait to see how well it performs to decide if the 7900 is really all that great?>

Well, you are right on the level of rationality, but when is it that rationality the bases of man's decision? People just want to be the first person on the block to have the newest and greatest thing (it might not be the best). While you may not understand you still have to respect there wishes right? In term of performance, (most likely if not certainty) that the card will performance really close to the x1900xtx or better, (more certain but not absolute certain) that it will be better than the 7800 series. Other factors that plays along is brand name loyalty. Sure, don't flame me, but it does exist. Some people just can't buy anything that is ATI. Or they rational? NO. Can they do it? Yes. Do they care what you think? No, Probably not. Do they care about wasting money? Some will say Yes, those people are you, some people somewhat, That's me, and some people are so rich that they don't care or they just poor but don't care. Or they wrong. NO. Are you wrong? NO. Are you wrong about calling them idiot? Subjective, but I say is wrong because everyone here (hopefully) are all adults and should be able to make their own decision. We do live in a free country after all.
 
Back
Top