**7900GTO Owners!** How high did your OC go?

nlkc

n00b
Just received my evga 7900GTO from newegg. Can't wait to get home and OC this baby!

For those of you who got a 7900GTO card (evga, msi...), were you able to OC this card to 7900GTX spec? Or even beyond?

Got mine today and I've had her running for the past 7-8 hrs. Perfect at stock and currently rock solid at 650/1600. I ran RTHDRIBL for about an hour and ATITool's artifact test for 4+ hours. Plan on running ATITool some more once I turn in for the night and we'll what I get in the morning.

Mine is stable @ 705/1660 using riva tuner. Running everything I throw at it no sweat. Ran rthdribl for over 2 hours now (16x multisample), temp topped out @ 65°C.

EDIT for pic...

gto9.jpg

Using coolbits, I can get the core to go up to about 680, but the mem can only go to 1440! :mad:

Lord_Exodia said:
Man!!! there goes the resale value of my 7900GTX OC cards :mad: ;)

Seriously, I noticed I was getting tons of requests for mine I put up until the GTO's came out. Now there is minimal interest, althought the memory on the GTX can clock significantly higher (~100-200mhz), looks like cores clock similarly though.

Got 760 core and only 717 memory using coolbits, played a little oblivion and bf2 with no issues. Hope I can get more out of the memory though.

nlkc said:
Using coolbits, I can get the core to go up to about 680, but the mem can only go to 1440! :mad:

try using something other than coolbits, I have found coolbits to be a bit limiting on the OC side of things lately.

vanilla_guerilla said:
one of the theories is that the gto cards cores passed gtx binning, but the memory did not.

Either that or it is the memory controller on the core that can't push the mem up to its rated speed.

Just an update on my OC: been running ATITool for 7 hours now (still going) and still no artifacts. She's survived Deep Freeze as well. The memory contacts on the board don't feel any hotter at idle vs. load or any hotter than the ones on my 7800 GT CO. All in all, this is looking to be pretty damn solid.

On a side note, I used Coolbits to OC. Looks like it let me top right out at 800MHz, exactly where I wanted to be.

Its really hit or miss with the memory.
The GTO's are just a chip dump for the samsung memory that wouldn't meet GTX specs. You MAY get gtx speeds out of it, but I believe that they have to run stable at a much higher mhz than the stock in order to meet "spec".

Its really hit or miss. You could have a gold nugget (like the guy who had 1660 on mem) or you may have some fools gold. Either way, its a great card for the price.

people have been reporting higher mem OCs after they flashed to GTX bios

How do I get to the Overclocking tab in RivaTuner? I can't find it! :(

diablo111 said:
Mine is stable @ 705/1660 using riva tuner. Running everything I throw at it no sweat. Ran rthdribl for over 2 hours now (16x multisample), temp topped out @ 65°C.

EDIT for pic...

gto9.jpg

Where it says "Driver Settings" (middle) "Forceware Detected Customize..." . Click on that little box thing at the end of customize, that will bring out a pop up box, then click on the video card icon. I am at work, or I would upload a pic...

aldy402 said:
people have been reporting higher mem OCs after they flashed to GTX bios

Really?
I had the opposite. It wouldn't overclock stable after I flashed to GTX. So resorted back to the original Bios.

Card #1 = 720 core, 1440 mem

we'll see how things go once it's broken in a bit

I havn't tried Card #2 yet to see how it works. Mine are eVga GTO's btw, not msi like some of the others here.

675/1600 in SLI. I tried 700/1600 but had a partial lockup. I haven't tried the memory over 1600 nor inbetween 675 and 700 for the core.

diablo111 said:
Where it says "Driver Settings" (middle) "Forceware Detected Customize..." . Click on that little box thing at the end of customize, that will bring out a pop up box, then click on the video card icon. I am at work, or I would upload a pic...

Thanks! I'm at work now, will try that when I get home. :D

730/830 (828 Effective) here. I'm still testing and waiting on my SLi Bridge to let it rip. This one has Week 610 BGA RAMChips. My other one has Week 604 BGA RAMChips. Let's see how the second one OCs.

12,599 in 3DMark05

BTW: No BIOS tweaks, straight out of the box with stock cooling.

Anybody Vmodded one of these yet? My 7900GT does 650/1680 with 1.5Vmod and stays cool doing it.

I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle to upgrade since the GTO is NOT available for step-up.

Well, the core is decent with a 720 clock. The memory is a little more limited since I tightened the timings a bit, so 780. Cards gets about 12K in 05 with an old school 2.8 GHz AMD X2.

And, EVGA never allowed Step Ups to limited release cards. No news there.

Heavy, thanks for the reply. I think I'll keep my GT - it's been a great card for what I paid. And I don't think $100+ for the next step-up is worth it. Barely any performance difference.

I guess I'll eBay it for a G80... :)

Well, the 7900 GT modded like that is no slouch, and you would have had to eBay the GTO to go to a G80. Would have been a lot of work for 2 fps and a $100 hit. :D

700/1550. i find this a little strange since my 7900 gt's (evga co sc) without volt mod or cooling oc'd to 1820. and i am pretty sure it was slower memory.
most programs are identifying this card as 7900gt. one or 2 have it as gt/gto.

Brahmzy said:
I'm trying to decide if it's worth the hassle to upgrade since the GTO is NOT available for step-up.
nevermind, read your post wrong

i can get 730/1600 havent tried to push the mem higher. using defualt gto bios

Well, tested two so far. I used the stock BIOS and tightened (not loosened) the memory. I just changed the tRRD to 8 versus 10. And, of course, I upped the memory to 750. That way, I can simply use coolbits to clock the memory over 800.

Card 1 - idles cooler at 39C and can pass coolbits at 730. Memory is a little weak, 790 (1580) max.

Card 2- idles around 45C and can pass coolbits at 725. Memory is better with 835 (1670).

700 core 1540 memory seems to be the best my card can do out of the box. Need to up the voltage or reseat the cooler, or this card isnt going any further.

I am using the EVGA 7900GTO. My core is @ 700, but my mem can only go to 715 (1440) thats it. Was wondering if a BIOS flash would help this?

Well, I tested GTX memory timings on both GTO cards, and it does help, a little. The first card did 790 stock and then 800. The other 835 stock and 850 with looser timings. Bench scores, however, dropped a tad, so I reverted back to tighter timings and then some.

I just ordered my 7900GTO

cost me total 303 delivered to my door ( CANADIAN dollars)
EVGA after $30 MIR :) should get it soon
and damn is ncix fast at gettingthings shippped

btw how do I go about flashing to GTX :D ?

I'm posting this on my bros account because i'm 2 lazy to create my own :)

705/1640
Flawless in games and 3dmark tests

10,250 on 3dmark 05
5250 on 3dmark 06

amd 3500+
2gb pc3200
21" samsung WS
compaq sr1630nx (yes premanufactured computer :))

rivatunerresultsps1.png
[/URL]

720\825

I have to say I'm very impressed with this card :) Running NFS MW @ 1600x1200 2xAA 16X AF (no visual treament cuz its nasty!) and I can deal with the slight difference in IQ with my MMO for now :D games running pretty smooth so far and its prettydamn quiet =p

LOL Saw this coming, but i managed to sell my 7900gtx card for $520, and two 7800gtx's for 250

Question on rivatuner, is it bad if my memory clock speeds don't match up for 2d, low performance 3d, and performance 3d?

thanks,
y

Mine seems stable so far at 710/775 after about an hour of Company of Heroes using 91.33 drivers.

Back