• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7900gt poll

Have you had problems with your 7900? yes/no what company?

  • Yes its eVGA

    Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Yes its XFX

    Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Yes its BFG

    Votes: 2 4.1%
  • No its eVGA

    Votes: 14 28.6%
  • No its XFX

    Votes: 9 18.4%
  • No its BFG

    Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No - other

    Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Yes other

    Votes: 1 2.0%

  • Total voters
    49
  • Poll closed .
fortunately enough i havent had any problems yet... with evga 7900GT CO Super *Knocks on wood*

heh
 
My BFG has been perfect since day one. Only thing with mine is, it doesnt overclock at all past the factory overclocks. It artifacts like crazy. But when running it at stock settings, it runs smootly, plays all my games no trouble.

BF2 all on high with 2xAA,
Any source engine game maxed with that Transperacy Supersampling AA enabled.
Oblivion runs good also. Have grass turned off(just dont like the performance hit) every other slider about half way, with HDR enabled.
 
My new RMA card works perfectly, my original did not. I had the 562, and received the 583.
 
My first two EVGA 7900 GT KOs got KO'ed after 2 days of use. These were the N564-FX versions. Recently a revised N584-AR version of the same model became available which I picked up and it seems to be stable.
 
My answer is "No, and it's eVGA."

At first it looked like I had a bad card, but my problems were solved by using ForceWare 91.28+ and AMD Dual Core fixes (see sticky in the AMD CPU subforum).
 
This poll will be skewed from the get-go. There are simply way more units sold from eVGA than any other vendor, so you will probably get innacurate results. eVGA will look like junk whereas others will appear way ahead.
 
I currently have an evga 7900GT KO (existing 564 model) and it works perfectly. I've only had it for 3 days so far and it's been great. Hope it does not need to be RMA'd in the future. :rolleyes:
 
Brahmzy said:
This poll will be skewed from the get-go. There are simply way more units sold from eVGA than any other vendor, so you will probably get innacurate results. eVGA will look like junk whereas others will appear way ahead.
That's not the main problem. More people who have problems will vote than people without problems. Then there's the anonymous poll problem that lets anyone vote, even those without a 7900GT (anyone can vote in a visible poll, but it's easier to weed out the trolls).

But ignoring those things for a moment, a better poll should show relative ratios of working and non-working cards. However, I think the number of failures may still skew towards evga. Not all cards are created equal and the official evga response has "AVL" at the top of the list. Not every vendor could have used the same defective part(s) when ordering the cards from the card manufacturer.
 
No problems here, been a happy owner of an XFX 7900 GT w/ vivo for months now :)

I did put a couple small heatsinks on those VRMs as a preventive measure. Better safe than sorry.
 
BFG OC model and had it for a coupla mths and its been great :) its got a VF900Cu on the core and works really well. Overclocked to 540/816 as well!
 
Ofcourse 22 votes don´t count for much yet. But its worth noting that big % of customers are getting bad cards at the moment. I guess Nvidia is not making too much profit with these cards :confused:
 
I've had a problem once or twice, both times were when I had no heatsinks on the ICs on back of the chip. As long as I keep those sinked and cooled nicely, the card runs fine. Been volt modded since day two of my owning it (1.4v).
 
whoops. I meant, no and XFX.. my cards are still working ok.. (finger's X'd)
 
Ordered my EVGA GTO Superclock the first day they were out had it by that Friday have not had any problems at all. *knocks on wood*
 
eVga 7900GT KO superclock....

Works perfectly, never had a single problem. Although I'm not too sure what difference the company makes since all of the cards are made the same and come from the same place (China).
 
My EVGA 7900GT KO been running like a champ for a few months already *knocks on the wood*
 
Back
Top