7900GT and GTX @ Egg

Diashto

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
171
The EVGA ones:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130280 7900 GTX $599
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130279 7900 GTX $549 (lower clocked)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130282 7900 GT $359

Wow. Was expecting closer to $900 for launch card prices.

They take a little digging, as neither the 7900 GT/X nor the 7600 GT are in the drilldown yet. You have to view all cards by the manufacturer (eVGA, XFX, or BFG currently) to find them.
 

amd ati FO SHO

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
1,901
wow monarch has a huge selection and tax free for californians

still waiting for the x1900xt to drop before making a purchase :)
 

valve1138

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
11,292
Just ordered my 7900GTX N570!

cant wait. 1600x1200 in FEAR here I come
 

pxc

Extremely [H]
Joined
Oct 22, 2000
Messages
33,064
You can get the XFX 7900GT PV-T71G-UED7 (520/1500 stock) from TD for $302 shipped after fatcash (you must sign up and click through FW to qualify for fatcash):

$299.99 + $11.99 shipping - 3% ($9) fatcash = $302. And if you haven't earned the $5 bonus yet, you can get an extra $5 for earning $5+ before 3/31 making the net price $297 shipped after FC/bonus.

I just ordered one this morning.
 

gingersnap

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
81
pxc said:
You can get the XFX 7900GT PV-T71G-UED7 (520/1500 stock) from TD for $302 shipped after fatcash (you must sign up and click through FW to qualify for fatcash):

$299.99 + $11.99 shipping - 3% ($9) fatcash = $302. And if you haven't earned the $5 bonus yet, you can get an extra $5 for earning $5+ before 3/31 making the net price $297 shipped after FC/bonus.

I just ordered one this morning.

Yes; you could do all of that since Saturn is in the 3rd phase of the moons of Mars... however ONLY if you shake salt over your shoulder and hop on one foot until your nose bleeds purple paint
OR you can just buy it straight out for $302.68 at Monarch and save doing all of that crap
 

pxc

Extremely [H]
Joined
Oct 22, 2000
Messages
33,064
gingersnap said:
OR you can just buy it straight out for $302.68 at Monarch and save doing all of that crap
And wait "4-6 days Due to High Demand" since Monarch doesn't seem to have it in stock now. :p It's in stock at TD. I'll have the 7900GT from TD in hand by the time Monarch is ready to ship it.

There's nothing hard about using FC. Go to FW, click TD from the stores link. Get back $9 in FC after the transaction clears (i use paypal). Done.
 

gingersnap

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 23, 2006
Messages
81
pxc said:
And wait "4-6 days Due to High Demand" since Monarch doesn't seem to have it in stock now. :p It's in stock at TD. I'll have the 7900GT from TD in hand by the time Monarch is ready to ship it.

There's nothing hard about using FC. Go to FW, click TD from the stores link. Get back $9 in FC after the transaction clears (i use paypal). Done.


Good luck with that.... ;)
 

aldy402

2[H]4U
Joined
Feb 23, 2005
Messages
3,404
you guys think the AC Silencer rev3 from my 7800GT will fit on a 7900GTX?
looks to be the same exact PCB layout
 

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
9,925
Ok i am kind of confuse. Are they using different type of memories on Overclocked versions and regular versions? Why we buy PNY 7900 GT for $289 and overclock it to 520/1500.
 

trikat

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
87
annaconda said:
Do you guys think price will drop to $250 by next week?

Uhhh... Didn't the cards just come out today(edit: recently)? Or are you talking about another video card?
Common sense goes a long way. :p
 

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
9,925
trikat said:
Uhhh... Didn't the cards just come out today(edit: recently)? Or are you talking about another video card?
Common sense goes a long way. :p


You are right common sense goes a long way, think about it demand is high so price is high. So in few weeks price will be down when demand goes down."Common Sense" :D
 

itsmikey

Gawd
Joined
Feb 24, 2006
Messages
706
annaconda said:
You are right common sense goes a long way, think about it demand is high so price is high. So in few weeks price will be down when demand goes down."Common Sense" :D

How the hell does that make sense?

The 7800GT's barely dropped in price over months, and were hard to find.

Demand for a crazy fast $400-500 videocard isn't going ANYWHERE.

Demand wont go down until something new appears to replace it.
 

Finger

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
205
Nvidia said it'd be between $250 and $350, and no one's come out with a crappy low-clocked 7900GT with 128MB or something. Maybe they were thinking someone would.

Or, it could be taken that in a month or two they might get down to $250. Still, the 7900GT is really fast, especially in shader-heavy games, for the money.
 

ahbroody

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
25
How come the 7900gt does not list the number of pipelines is it still 20??????
MIke
 

Finger

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
Messages
205
ahbroody said:
How come the 7900gt does not list the number of pipelines is it still 20??????
MIke

Here's your answer:

TechReport.com said:
That 200MHz drop-off in core clock speed from the GTX to the GT is precipitous, and thus NVIDIA has deemed it unnecessary to deactivate any of the G71's functional units for the sake of product segmentation; the 7900 GT keeps all of the G71's 24 pixel shaders, eight vertex shaders, and 16 ROPs intact.
 

ahbroody

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
25
Holly crap so basically i am returning the BFG 7800gt I bought 2 weeks ago for just under 300 and buying a 7900gt for the same price and getting a much better card is what you are saying I should do. :)
 

Diashto

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
171
I'f i'm reading the benchmarks at [H] right, 7900GT gives about the same performance as a 7800GTX. So yeah, if you returned the 7800 and got a 7900 you'd be getting a better card.
 

ahbroody

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
25
yeah that is what i thought i read also. Seems strange that for less money you would get the same card as a more expensive card and the latest technology. HMMMMMMMMMM
mike
 

Diashto

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 15, 2006
Messages
171
ahbroody said:
yeah that is what i thought i read also. Seems strange that for less money you would get the same card as a more expensive card and the latest technology. HMMMMMMMMMM
mike

I'm sure in a week or two the prices on the 7800s will come down sharply, as sales stagnate just for this reason, and retailers lower the prices to get them off the shelves.
 

magnuspah

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
1,286
You know if monarch says that due to demand, shipping could be delayed and their lead time is 4-6 days (business days), then chances are, these cards will get shipped out by monarch longer than that...from personal experience, although they have never failed to deliver, they can deliver items later than expected...However, they did gave me great overclockers...
so, when it comes to availability and delivery time, I normally expect to add about at least a few days for monarch and about less than one day for newegg (ie, was told motherboard, case, vid cards would arrive in 3 days after processing, they all arrived in 2 days including processing day).

So if the actual 7900s prices will go down in 2 weeks, I would hold up and get it then..chances are if you order now, it will get shipped about um 1 day before the price decrease anyways...
 

magnuspah

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Mar 24, 2005
Messages
1,286
Got to check my old emails from you guys...it was for an opteron 148 oem..I will pm you the number if you need to investigate to improve on that....

Couldn't find the email..pm sent with comments...
Good to hear you guys are around here...
 

Monarch Deals

Official Monarch Rep
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
555
magnuspah said:
Got to check my old emails from you guys...it was for an opteron 148 oem..I will pm you the number if you need to investigate to improve on that....
Yes please do I will be awaiting that... Or your name and e-mail address will do just fine too. When can I expect the PM?
 

Sc0ttFern

Gawd
Joined
Jan 8, 2004
Messages
940
amd ati FO SHO said:
yea very decent prices... still waiting for 7900 to push x1900 prices further down

Same here I am waiting for a deal on either a X1900XT or X1900XTX!
 

Monarch Deals

Official Monarch Rep
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
555
magnuspah said:
Got to check my old emails from you guys...it was for an opteron 148 oem..I will pm you the number if you need to investigate to improve on that....

Couldn't find the email..pm sent with comments...
Good to hear you guys are around here...
I love it here. Don't forget folks, you can e-mail me for any questions, suggestions or concerns. hf@monarchcomputer.com
 

ahbroody

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
25
So monarch if i order right now when will it ship. tell me today and i will order right now. tell me which models you have in stock and will ship today. If i dont here back i will assuem it wont ship today. want to pull trigger in next 20 minutes
 

ahbroody

n00b
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
25
oooo well newegg got my 300.00. I went with the evga and since i had to pay tax it was a little more than monarch, but the egg usually shows up next day for me here in norcal.
Mike
 
Top