I want to make an idependent thread about 7900 GT failures because my case is quite strange.
I´ve got purchased an ASUS EN7900 GT, with stock frequency 450/333. My problem is that this card runs great any game like FEAR, COD2, Battlefield 2, Doom3, Quake4, Oblivion, Far Cry or Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. I´m able to set the best image quality in all these games with high rez, with no performance drop so that is why I was very happy with this graphic card efficency. Once I tested the card, my next target was test the OC capacity. Before doing any OC, I decided do a syntetic benchmark with stock settings. I tried 3DMark 2006 and 2005 and I get the expected marks. When I tried 3DMark 2003 (v3.6), something too weird happened: the RagTroll test runs ok, till the trolls hit the ground, in that moment, artifact (outstretched triangles) start occurring, and test itself hang up, a system restart must be done afterwards. Once reached this point I thought: Ok my 7900 GT is F*"@$! up, I´m sure all the games are going to fail from now to the future. I decided to test everything once again, every single game works ok for hours without any artifact of strange behaviour. 3DMark 2005 and 2006 run properly on my system again, but when I tried Ragtroll for a second time after a fresh start, same artifact happened.
I can´t understand where is the problem, is hard to believe that "Ragtroll test"forces to show artifacts on my system because is more stressing for my card than a full 3DMark 2006 round. And I don´t belive that I can argue a defect on this hardware since every game runs OK for hours on my system.
Any ideas about this strange situation??
Can I do anyother stressing test to search for a possible defect on my hardware?
Thx in advance
I´ve got purchased an ASUS EN7900 GT, with stock frequency 450/333. My problem is that this card runs great any game like FEAR, COD2, Battlefield 2, Doom3, Quake4, Oblivion, Far Cry or Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. I´m able to set the best image quality in all these games with high rez, with no performance drop so that is why I was very happy with this graphic card efficency. Once I tested the card, my next target was test the OC capacity. Before doing any OC, I decided do a syntetic benchmark with stock settings. I tried 3DMark 2006 and 2005 and I get the expected marks. When I tried 3DMark 2003 (v3.6), something too weird happened: the RagTroll test runs ok, till the trolls hit the ground, in that moment, artifact (outstretched triangles) start occurring, and test itself hang up, a system restart must be done afterwards. Once reached this point I thought: Ok my 7900 GT is F*"@$! up, I´m sure all the games are going to fail from now to the future. I decided to test everything once again, every single game works ok for hours without any artifact of strange behaviour. 3DMark 2005 and 2006 run properly on my system again, but when I tried Ragtroll for a second time after a fresh start, same artifact happened.
I can´t understand where is the problem, is hard to believe that "Ragtroll test"forces to show artifacts on my system because is more stressing for my card than a full 3DMark 2006 round. And I don´t belive that I can argue a defect on this hardware since every game runs OK for hours on my system.
Any ideas about this strange situation??
Can I do anyother stressing test to search for a possible defect on my hardware?
Thx in advance