7900 Go

I hope we see one soon in a new Dell XPS with a CoreDuo, that is if Alienware doesn't take over the gaming lineup.
 
I think they are coming, now that ATI has the X1800 mobile out... I can't wait, lets have the guys here @ [H] do a lappy review as soon as it comes out! :D
 
I hope we see it in a non desktop replacement laptop so it has some descent battery life 3 to 4 hours would be perfect.

That Toshiba laptop looks huge!
 
benamaster said:
I hope we see it in a non desktop replacement laptop so it has some descent battery life 3 to 4 hours would be perfect.

That Toshiba laptop looks huge!
That is an oxymoronic statement (i.e. a contradiction. I am not calling you a moron). The video card itself has huge heat and power consumption requirements. There is no way to get both desktop like gaming performance AND 3-4 hours of battery life unless you have extra battery packs and can serious undervolt the gpu. Also the 7900 non GTX will have at least one large copper heatpipe to dissipate heat if not two so I would say the BEST you could hope for is maybe a 15.4" laptop and that is unlikely given that you are shoving a dual core processor AND a high end desktop-like video card under the hood of this laptop.

2 hours of battery life on a slim 17" notebook at about 8-81/2 lbs is probably what you are looking at in reality. Which is still a far cry from the 12-14 pound monsters that Clevo and others have put out in the past. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing desktop processors in a laptop form factor as some people prefer this, but for those who want a portability/power ratio the new core duos and new Athlon dual cores for the laptop will be what the doctor ordered.
 
Back
Top