7850K in Trifire?

CHAoS_NiNJA

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all, its been some time since I've posted but I knew of no better place for this question.

I'm helping a friend design a budget gaming PC. All he needs is a mobo, RAM and APU. We've chosen to go for an APU as his budget is incredibly tight and his disposable income comes in very slowly, so saving for a fat graphics card isn't an option. I was wondering however, as time goes on, would Crossfire be a good option for him later down the road, when we have this thing going? I know throwing another R7 GPU will Crossfire fine, but what about even later, would a SECOND R7 work/be worth it? Keep in mind, hes (to put it bluntly) kinda poor, so tossing everything and starting anew wouldn't be an option. Its taken over a year to get this far. I'm mostly wondering if Trifire is even possible with the 7850k.

there are crossfire capable a88x boards out there but all that i've seen only work in a 16/4 array. since two r7 250s crossfire through the pci-e bus rather than a bridge, its conceivable that one could link the embedded gpu plus 2x discrete cards to form a 3 gpu array. amd would just have to write the software for it.

Not going to happen. No market for it. AMD has a hard enough time trying to put iut decent mainstream drivers.

Back