So I'm throwing together a system to tide me over until 32nm Nehalem (westmere) and I've ordered an Asus M3A78-EM with a 780G chipset. My question is- which is likely to give the best audio quality: the integrated 780G audio (aka Realtek ALC1200) or an old SB Live 5.1 PCI card that's currently residing in the soon to be retired P4 mobo?
I figure on the one hand the integrated audio has a good 9 years of tech advancement on the SB Live, and it also would remove the pain of creative's crappy drivers from my life.
On the flipside the SB Live, regardless of how old it is, is still on its own PCI card which gets it away from the electrically noisy motherboard.
So what are your thoughts?
I figure on the one hand the integrated audio has a good 9 years of tech advancement on the SB Live, and it also would remove the pain of creative's crappy drivers from my life.
On the flipside the SB Live, regardless of how old it is, is still on its own PCI card which gets it away from the electrically noisy motherboard.
So what are your thoughts?