7800gtx sli prob w/cod4

HKD

Weaksauce
Anyone else having or had problems with running Cod4, I'm getting alot of lag low frame rate with my pc, specs in sig. need alittle help this is getting me very pissed that this thing is so slow to me.

I have tried all setting all resolutions, called support with dell many of times, reformated, reinstalled just can't get it to work as well as it should I get frame rate around 15-30 tops if im lucky.

yep all update bios,driver ect. im about to break this game inhalf and cut my wrist w/it lol j/k. but this is really getting to be bother. I've tried just using one card and still looks like crap.

A buddy of mine seems to think I have a bad card how would I go about checking that?

have you patched the game? do you have access to a different installation of the game? sometimes, though very rare, a bad install disk can cause performance issues. also, what os?

XP PRO, yea patched it everytime reinstalled the game, and yes have tried different installations, thought the same thing you said but nothing seems to work

i'm pretty much stumped. i've installed cod4(xp) on my torrent rig with a single core amd 3800+ and a x1800xl 256. it plays the game at 1280x800 with a mishmash or different settings. but it does hit more than 30 fps in most cases. almost forgot, did you use the newest chipset drivers.

Maybe it's just me but I think I should be getting 60-70 fps with sli setup hell I average 70-90 fps on bf2142 and bf2 and I dont think this game is any more challaging griffics wise.

I guess I'm going to do a massive Google search for anything related did it befor and found nothing I'll try again

Not much to find about this alot on other card read those and nothing to simular

think about it this way, an 8800gtx can run both of the battlefield games at 2500 resolutions with 16x anti aliasing and still get very high frame rates. the same card can also run cod4 at 2500 resolutions but no anti aliasing. its not much of an example, but it should give you some idea of the the toll cod4 takes on a high end video card.

I have some what the same setup as you. An XPS 600 with 7800GTX but I don't have SLI and I seem to run COD4 just fine. I mean I don't have anything turned up all the way but it runs smooth. A jerk here and there but the computer is 3 years old. I don't know if it helps but the 7800GTX will play it as a single card. Maybe try taking out the SLI. Couldn't hurt anything.

Back