• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7800GTX RAM cooling

CC_Pirate

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
463
I had to take of the stock HSF on my MSI 7800GTX because Im going to watercool the card. So I need a new cooling solution for the RAM chips.

Would these provide sufficient cooling?: Zalman ZM-RHS1 VGA RAM Heat Sinks

And while were at it, would those same RAM-sinks provide sufficient cooling for the MOSFETS on my Asus A8N-SLI Premium mobo?

thanks a lot for all help
 
Asian Dub Foundation said:

Depending on what waterblock. With the Maze4 GPU you will have to cut the fins down on one OCZ ramsink as one memory module is under one of the waterblock's fittings. Other than that make sure you get the ram very very clean. (I used denatured alcohol) If you don't the tape will not stick and the sinks will fall off.
 
OK guys thanks for the input. Are the OCZ ones better than the Zalmans? And are the Zalmans good enough for watercooling?

I'll be using the Swiftech MCW55 waterblock so I might have to do some modification to the RAMsinks to make them fit anyways.
 
the koolance nvidia waterblock watercools the GPU and the ram, im running 2 of them and they work great. just some food for thought
 
I bought Arctic something or other from jab-tech.com for $11. They are working fine. And they fit under the tubes on my MCW-55. (dimensions are 13x16x9 (WxLxH) mm).
 
Back
Top