• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7800gtx/p4 830D benchmarks PLEASE!

erf

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 13, 2005
Messages
1,848
i've looked aimlessly for a benchmark including this combination. i'm thinking of purchasing a dell with these 2 parts and would like to know the performance diff between this processor and the amd 3800. can someone help me find the benchmark?
 
Next week I will be playing with a 7800GT and PD 830. Should give you a good idea, I will report back.
 
If you want to know the difference between the processors, look for processor reviews that have the same video card. I highly doubt you will find reviews comparing the exact setup that you want,... but do you really need that?
 
Just got the PD 830, this thing is a heater. I wont be running any OC until proper cooling arrives.
 
tornadotsunamilife said:
Not many tests but the X2 3800+ outperforms the 830D in every bench (gaming wise ;)):

http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2484&p=10

oh Jesus, here we go again...

why is it that when someone asks for some info on an Intel setup that some clown has to shine in on how great and how much better the AMDs are?

man, if the OP was interested in the AMD scene, dont you think he wouldve ASKED? :rolleyes:
 
ozziegn said:
oh Jesus, here we go again...

why is it that when someone asks for some info on an Intel setup that some clown has to shine in on how great and how much better the AMDs are?

man, if the OP was interested in the AMD scene, dont you think he wouldve ASKED? :rolleyes:

Thats how the AMD funboys get new users to conform, propaganda baby!
 
Dillusion said:
Thats how the AMD funboys get new users to conform, propaganda baby!

see, thats the major difference between the Intel and AMD loyalists.

Intel people dont feel the need to have to sit outside your local Comp USA or Best Buy with a huge 8' X 10' banner on the side of their car saying,

"OMG dudz...... my Intel CPU r0xors your AMD setup three ways to Sunday." ----> or something stupid like that.

heh, it wouldnt surprise me one bit to see some AMD g00n do that. not one bit.
 
ozziegn said:
see, thats the major difference between the Intel and AMD loyalists.

Intel people dont feel the need to have to sit outside your local Comp USA or Best Buy with a huge 8' X 10' banner on the side of their car saying,

"OMG dudz...... my Intel CPU r0xors your AMD setup three ways to Sunday." ----> or something stupid like that.

heh, it wouldnt surprise me one bit to see some AMD g00n do that. not one bit.

Well lets not make like them and turn this topic around, lets keep it OT guys and help the OP with his 830/GTX question.

PS- Totally agreed....
 
rajs said:
erf -- You might want to check out my experience with a Dell 9100 (using an 820 instead of an 830 CPU) with a 7800GTX -- http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1028054789&postcount=1

NOTE: The max I could get in 3DMark05 was ~ 6550. Being the child I am ... I returned it.

With my current rig (in my sig below) I am getting 8848 in 3DMark05.

- rajs


That does seem like a low score. :confused: I just ran some tests last night with the P4 5xx series CPU's and an eVGA 7800 GT.

3DMark05 scores with a P4 520 (2.8GHz) CPU:

Low 66xx (best was ~6640)


3DMark05 scores with a P4 570 (3.8GHz) CPU:

Low 73xx (best was ~7320)
 
Ultra Wide said:
I posted on that huge 3DMark thread.

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1028173375&postcount=2784

Pentium D 820 + 7800GT (100% stock everything)

under name Ultra Wide.

#242

6,347


I am surprised by those Pentium D processors.... They appear to be running behind the single cores running at the same speed by a good bit. I ran some tests last night changing only the CPU and got a best of 6640 in 3DMark05 with a P4 520 series (2.8GHz) CPU and an eVGA 7800 GT. Looks like Intel is going to have to shoot for 4GHz to get the dual cores to keep up with the single cores.
 
ozziegn said:
oh Jesus, here we go again...

why is it that when someone asks for some info on an Intel setup that some clown has to shine in on how great and how much better the AMDs are?

man, if the OP was interested in the AMD scene, dont you think he wouldve ASKED? :rolleyes:

But the OP IS interested in the performance difference between AMD and Intel. He says it in his post:

"...would like to know the performance diff between this processor and the amd 3800"

With the video card staying the same, the AT benches are a valid comparison of processors. Some of you are acting as if someone was posting "Intel sucks!11!11" or some crap. Some of you need to look in the mirror and ask who is really the fanatic :(
 
Igthorn said:
But the OP IS interested in the performance difference between AMD and Intel. He says it in his post:

"...would like to know the performance diff between this processor and the amd 3800"

With the video card staying the same, the AT benches are a valid comparison of processors. Some of you are acting as if someone was posting "Intel sucks!11!11" or some crap. Some of you need to look in the mirror and ask who is really the fanatic :(

LOL I didn't understand why everyone was going crazy by my link, he asked to see the performance difference and I showed him it.
 
tornadotsunamilife said:
LOL I didn't understand why everyone was going crazy by my link, he asked to see the performance difference and I showed him it.

you know what? I'm going to be a man about this and admit that I was wrong on this one.

I completely missed the part where the OP was interested in seeing the 3800's marks as well. I just got caught up in your previous post about dragging an AMD product in an Intel thread so thats why I went off the way I did.

again, I'll be a man about this and admit I was wrong on this one. my apologizes.......
 
Pentium D 830 + 7800GT = 6500 3dm05 on my in-laws computer. Wish I had GTX numbers to give but maybe this helps.
 
wrangler said:
Pentium D 830 + 7800GT = 6500 3dm05 on my in-laws computer. Wish I had GTX numbers to give but maybe this helps.


From my experience playing around with the 7800 GT, the 7800 GTX and also 2.8GHz and 3.8GHz processors, I'd guess about 7000 max with a GTX and that 830 processor.
 
Its harder to find Intel benches, because most of these new cards, are CPU bottlenecked. Using a Intel CPU, instead of a AMD CPU only means its even more bottlenecked. :shrug:

I wouldnt mind seeing at least one P4 put in with reviews just for comparison sakes though. Lot more time and work for the reviewer though.
 
David_L6 said:
From my experience playing around with the 7800 GT, the 7800 GTX and also 2.8GHz and 3.8GHz processors, I'd guess about 7000 max with a GTX and that 830 processor.

Yea. I think the GT is the match for that proc. Not enough horsepower to justify the GTX especially since that GT is hooked up to a 930b @ 1280x1024. There could be some argument at uber high res but few and far between.
 
if op is mostly interested in gaming then the obvious choice would be an amd. however, if op is more focused on prodcutivity applications, and an athlon 64 x2 is out of his budget, then a p4 w/ ht would be the way to go.
 
Back
Top