• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

7800gtx or wait

GFreeman9

Gawd
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
643
Buy 7800gtx now for $435 with bf2 or wait for r520/7800 ultra??? :rolleyes: Will the price drop that low when the new card(s) come out?
 
From the signs of things there will not be an Ultra and with the R520 about a month out, it is up to you. If you need it now, you won't be disappointed with a 7800GTX.

I myself am interested to see what tricks ATI has up their sleeves.
 
If you're buying new, just pick up an eVGA card so you can step-up to a better card within the next 3 months. If worse comes to worse and they don't make a 7800 Ultra, you can just get the GTX KO, which is speed-binned to 490/1.3GHz, which not all cards can hit.

But if you're buying it used (the $435 pricetag makes me think that's the case) then you can't really beat it for the money. I'd tell them to keep BF2 personally as I don't like the game, but that's personal preference. :p
 
Actually I'm getting it through Amazon and the card is new. Oh I don't care about the KO version because I'm probably just going to put maze4 on it :D .
 
If you're talking about the one offered as new from southside computing, be careful... it lists it as a 7800 GT in the description the seller input.
 
tsuehpsyde said:
you can just get the GTX KO, which is speed-binned to 490/1.3GHz, which not all cards can hit.


My "reference" Albatron rock the house at 490/1350 using stock cooling...I have a Zalmon 700 on the way anyways...just for better cooling...
 
Back
Top