• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7800GTX for $410

K

kevdoggx

Guest
If you CALL Dell they are definitely willing to go below the prices you can do with the coupons.

If you call Small Business and aren't in any hurry to order you can ask different people that work there for different quotes and you should be able to get em down.

The one guy I ended up buying from was very cool and super nice. He even told me that Dell makes nearly a 100% profit on the 2405!!! Here is my final price on the items I ordered.

Dell UltraSharp 2405FP,Wide Flat Panel w/Height AdjustableStand,24.0 Inch VIS,Optiplex and Precision,Customer Install Qty: 1 Unit Price: $731.39

GeForce 7800 GTX 256 MB GDDR3 PCIe Graphics Card Qty: 1 Unit Price: $406.87

Hope you guys have as good of luck as I did!

edit: removed names and phone numbers to protect the innocent
 
holy cattle... just over $1100 for both... shweeet :D

this should prolly be in the Hot Deals section. btw
 
this isn't the sort of thing that works when you post it.

Now 80 billion people are going to call this guy, demanding a 7800GTX for $410. How'd you even get his number?
 
Do the guy a favor, he did you a favor...take his name/number down before he's flooded with calls and possibly gets in trouble for trying to get everyone awesome deals. Sounds like a cool guy, don't get him in trouble for being nice.
 
Yeah thanks, at first I thought I mighta been doing him a favor by getting him some business but then I realized how many people actually read this forum... YIKES! Coulda been bad news...

You don't think that he would cancel my order before it gets shipped if something like that happened would you, cuz the thread did get an awful lot of views in the hour it was up before i took off his name/number.
 
highly doubt it. lots of people just dont have 410 to spend on a graphics card, and im one of em :p
 
I think that this is a shining example of the high quality ppl who post on [H]ard. These people could have taken advantage of your mistake and just called the guy without mentioning a thing; instead, they followed their morals and did what was right.

The sad thing about this is that I'm not sure that I would have done the same if I had been one of the first ppl to read this thread; you guys sure give me a lot to look up to.

You should all feel proud of yourselves ;) .
 
If any of you read the thread in Hot Deals you would know that Dell employees have quotas that they need to sell, and it doesn't matter how much $$ they make off each sale. Just as long as they made money.

If he gets swamped with sales, it's actually good for him. :p

Nice deal, me wants one.
 
Back
Top