• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7800GTX and BF2

O-P-M

Gawd
Joined
Apr 7, 2005
Messages
822
Just got a 7800GTX, booted in safemode and cleaned with driver cleaner. Now with Forceware 77.77 and the new 78.01 drivers I havent been able to get into bf2. It shows the first screen, goes into the black screen but goes back to desktop before it can get to the login screen. Any ideas?
 
I dont know if it will help you, but when I got my 2005fpw I had to erase the profiles in

C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\Battlefield 2

because of settings not being comatible with my monitor

I guess you could try that...
 
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I ever have a problem I know for a fact that somebody at [H]ard will figure it out. You sir, are a god.
 
O-P-M said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I ever have a problem I know for a fact that somebody at [H]ard will figure it out. You sir, are a god.

I <3 [H]
 
O-P-M said:
Whats the command you put in the shortcut for 1280 x1024 ?

"E:\Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 11 +szx 1280 +szy 1024
 
Everything @ high with 4xAA and 16x AF does not even make it skip a beat. This card is amazing.
 
O-P-M said:
Everything @ high with 4xAA and 16x AF does not even make it skip a beat. This card is amazing.

omg... 1600x1200? but as Dr_John said.... what about two? :p
 
Ya BF2 looks good at 1600X1200 4XAA 16Ani with SS on and i also turn on Gamma correct AA, i dont know what it does but everything looks great to me lol.
 
yeah I did the same thing, I was like "I dont know what the hell it is but I'm turning it on"
 
What res are you guys with a 2005fpw using? Been thinking of playing bf2, and love having farcry in native res, does bf2 do the 1680x1050?
 
BF2 doesn't support widescreen by default, but if you use the command shortcut like the guy above posted, you can force it to whatever resolution you want.

eg: E:\Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 11 +szx 1920+szy 1200
 
Yeah, went looking on widescreengames forum, sigh. I've been spoiled, all the games I've been playing since getting my display have been in WS.
 
Marcdaddy said:
Ya BF2 looks good at 1600X1200 4XAA 16Ani with SS on and i also turn on Gamma correct AA, i dont know what it does but everything looks great to me lol.

I will have to try that when I get home tonight.
 
Back
Top