• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7800GT worth it?

Apollo686

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
227
I just overclocked the crap out of my X800XL and destroyed it. Half the pollygons are torn (badly, worst I have seen) and mis-rendered in games and my desktop has artifacting all over it. What I'm wondering is if I should replace it with another X800XL (free) or if I should pay the difference for a 7800GT (BFG). The difference would be about $130 ($380). I don't think our store carries the 7800GTX and I didn't really want to pay that much. Just wondering if the 7800GT is worth it, or if I should just get the X800XL for free and pay the difference for a 7800GTX down the road. Any input would be apreciated.
 
That 3DMark05 looks low for that X800XL. I get about 5500. Still, for $130 it may be worth it to upgrade...
 
Most of the scores at gpureview are low end scores. Mike (the creator of gpureview) is currently compiling thousands of benchmark scores and will be displaying those benchmarks hopefully in the nearby future. Until then, the 3dmark scores will be there simply as a ballpark score. I would suggest using the reviews at the bottom to compare benchmarks for the time being.
 
Back
Top