• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7800GT - Unlockable pipes!

I wouldn't be shocked to find out that even if the extra pipes can be unlocked (and I'm almost certain SOMEONE will find out how), it results in more current than the board can handle being drawn, or an increase in voltage is required to keep it stable. And sure you could beef up the voltage, but it'll probably drastically decrease the lifespan of the card like it does for 6800 GTs
 
Shameless Liar said:
I'll definately be picking up one of these. It fits just in my price range, and seems to provide great performance still! Because of the cheaper price, I may be able to afford a second down the line.

How would a 7800GT compare to 2x6600GTs? 2x6800GTs?
What about the 7800GTX?

Why don't you read at least one of the 10+ reviews on the [H] front page and find out? There's a convienent list for you there.

I believe it beats 2x6800GTs though. I'd hope it beats 2x6600GTs since a 6800GT does and the MSRP of a 6800GT is $50 less than a 7800GT.
 
Fawkes said:
Any word on if bios modding or flashing will unlock the extra pipes?
Just my speculation, but I have a feeling that because the GT uses a different PCB (and thus power supply system) flashing the BIOS with that of a GTX would foul it up. Don't forget with NVIDIA BIOS's, not just pipeline info is recorded, but voltage options are as well.
 
Back
Top