7800gt problems with fear, hl2 : lost coast

demingo

Trump is My President!
I've recently been playing fear and lost coast and I'm running into some strange problems. When playing for a few minutes my game seems to lock up. I cant move my mouse and after about a second the sound stutters for a littlebit. Then after 3-4 seconds it goes back to normal. Also, sometimes in fear my textures go crazy after the problem, they all look purplish (im guessing loading improperly into ram). I dont think it's my cpu since its prime95 stable for 24hrs. My videocard isnt overclocked at all (beyond the factory BFG OC). Also, if I hit the powerbutton on my case, windows will begin to respond and shutdown rightway, however alt+tab or ctrl+esc and so on doesnt do anything during the freeze.

Do you think it could be bad memory on the videocard? Also, though the NV control panel, the max temp my videocard reaches is about 66C. I also believe it might be the harddrive in the system hanging up randomly causing the problem. Any ideas? this is getting very annoying.

demingo said:
I've recently been playing fear and lost coast and I'm running into some strange problems. When playing for a few minutes my game seems to lock up. I cant move my mouse and after about a second the sound stutters for a littlebit. Then after 3-4 seconds it goes back to normal. Also, sometimes in fear my textures go crazy after the problem, they all look purplish (im guessing loading improperly into ram). I dont think it's my cpu since its prime95 stable for 24hrs. My videocard isnt overclocked at all (beyond the factory BFG OC). Also, if I hit the powerbutton on my case, windows will begin to respond and shutdown rightway, however alt+tab or ctrl+esc and so on doesnt do anything during the freeze.

Do you think it could be bad memory on the videocard? Also, though the NV control panel, the max temp my videocard reaches is about 66C. I also believe it might be the harddrive in the system hanging up randomly causing the problem. Any ideas? this is getting very annoying.

Those Pauses were a problem for the longest time with HL2 on any system but between drivers and game patches I haven't heard of people still having this problem. Do you have a creative sound card by chance, they have horrible compatibility with just about anything.

Topweasel said:
Those Pauses were a problem for the longest time with HL2 on any system but between drivers and game patches I haven't heard of people still having this problem. Do you have a creative sound card by chance, they have horrible compatibility with just about anything.

I don't know what the hell your talking about, but my Creative Audigy 2 ZS never caused any compatibility problems.

As for the problem at hand, I would say its probably drivers.

Back