• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

7800gt Artifacting

Maestro2U

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 10, 2005
Messages
76
My BFG 7800gt OC is showing artifacts in BF2. They appear as dark tears usually eminating from player models and even more specifically their weapons. I also see many chasms in the ground as i run through different maps. It's a brand new build and I'm going to install HL2 quick to see if it has the same problem.

Athlon 64 +3000 (Venice)
2 gigs (512mb x4) Kingston Value RAM
Abit AX8 K8T890

I installed WinXP Pro with SP2 after putting the 4in1 drivers and the driver for a 64bit processor that came on the motherboard CD. I'm using the newest drivers for the card also (77.77). Anyone have ideas?

I'll post back again as soon as HL2 is up and running.
 
yeah sounds like heat, did you overclock your card? and 77.77 isn't the newest drivers out, search for 78.01 and 78.11 im using the 78.01 drivers right now for my BFG 6800 GT oc and they werk damn good, made BF2 run perfectly with everything set to high and maxed out what i could with it, also got my AA up to 4x cause thats the max i can go. well good luck.
 
I had a Evga 7800GT that would not run at stock speeds. It would cause tearing and artifacts in games and benchmarks and sometimes occasional crashing. Using coolbits, the core would not even pass the test at stock speeds (445mhz on the Evga). I have since returned it for a replacement that works fine.
 
jhatfie said:
I had a Evga 7800GT that would not run at stock speeds. It would cause tearing and artifacts in games and benchmarks and sometimes occasional crashing. Using coolbits, the core would not even pass the test at stock speeds (445mhz on the Evga). I have since returned it for a replacement that works fine.
stock 7800GT core speed is 400, no matter who made it.
 
Back
Top