I know this is a repost of what i had going on in the nvidia flavor, but it seems more ppl frequent on the main video card section. really need help on this so I apologize.
Ok for those that did not read that yet...
I have a 7800 GTX from XFX came stock at 490 mhtz (I checked using rivatuner and it is deff at 490 mhtz in under 3d performance)
My problem is this. I run 3d mark get a score over 8k
http://www.empireproduct.com/why.JPG
and then i open cs source and look what they show for recommended settings
http://www.empireproduct.com/lifesucks.JPG
When i try to play on the settings i use to play on flawlessly with my previous card (6800 Ultra), it lags considerbly - fps dips constanly, hitching, jittering, horrible image quality, etc...but temps stay normal around 70c ish - could not be an overheating issue.
My specs are as follow minus video card:
AMD FX-53
Windows x64 Pro
ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe bios version 1013
2 gigs of Corsair XMS series ram
Antec 550watt True Power PSU
Using 78.01 display drivers and Chipset 6.66 drivers
waiting on my new PSU so I can install my new stuff, but I kinda wanna fix this dilema before I do any upgrading.
also note, this is a fresh reformat. No previous drivers were installed. I just uninstalled the nvidia drivers, went into safe mode cleaned it with driver cleaner (everything), installed the drivers in safe mode and restarted - still same problem.
can the card be faulty when producing a good score on 3dmark? could there be a setting that is not set in the nvidia properties? I have not touched anything there yet.
any ideas on how to fix this? or should i just RMA the card? thanks all
Ok for those that did not read that yet...
I have a 7800 GTX from XFX came stock at 490 mhtz (I checked using rivatuner and it is deff at 490 mhtz in under 3d performance)
My problem is this. I run 3d mark get a score over 8k
http://www.empireproduct.com/why.JPG
and then i open cs source and look what they show for recommended settings
http://www.empireproduct.com/lifesucks.JPG
When i try to play on the settings i use to play on flawlessly with my previous card (6800 Ultra), it lags considerbly - fps dips constanly, hitching, jittering, horrible image quality, etc...but temps stay normal around 70c ish - could not be an overheating issue.
My specs are as follow minus video card:
AMD FX-53
Windows x64 Pro
ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe bios version 1013
2 gigs of Corsair XMS series ram
Antec 550watt True Power PSU
Using 78.01 display drivers and Chipset 6.66 drivers
waiting on my new PSU so I can install my new stuff, but I kinda wanna fix this dilema before I do any upgrading.
also note, this is a fresh reformat. No previous drivers were installed. I just uninstalled the nvidia drivers, went into safe mode cleaned it with driver cleaner (everything), installed the drivers in safe mode and restarted - still same problem.
can the card be faulty when producing a good score on 3dmark? could there be a setting that is not set in the nvidia properties? I have not touched anything there yet.
any ideas on how to fix this? or should i just RMA the card? thanks all