7800 GTX 512MB sightings

Captain Kirk said:
Keep an eye on Newegg. The ETA dates seem "somewhat" accurate. I was able to place my order :D.

You call them or something? Their system doesn't allow you to place orders when out of stock....

Stevemr2t said:
You call them or something? Their system doesn't allow you to place orders when out of stock....
No. They originally had an ETA of 1/15, which was Sunday. I figured the date was in error, and they actually meant 1/16 (Monday). So I basically refreshed the page all day at work. When the in-stock light came on, I immediately order two cards. They're back out of stock now, with an ETA date of 1/20.

I'm hoping they put the two cards aside for me, as I'm paying with a cashier's check.

$750-1000 still too high (current prices I'm seeing). Shit the MSRP of $699 is too high. :(

The BFG @ newegg with T-shirt, cds, games, etc.... isn't enough. For $750, I'd expect a blow-job to come with the card!! :eek: LOL

I hope when the 7900GTX (or whatever the name is) comes out, they are more reasonably priced!!

chrisf6969 said:
$750-1000 still too high (current prices I'm seeing). Shit the MSRP of $699 is too high. :(

I hope when the 7900GTX (or whatever the name is) comes out, they are more reasonably priced!!

I suspect since it's likely to use the same memory chips that supply will be tight....

talked to dell earlier today since mine "should" have been here today. Seems they "forgot" that monday was a holiday (at least for some it was) and mine is "supposedly" shipping tomorrow. If not, I'm calling it quits on the 7800 and waiting for the 7900.

wow.. these suckers sell like hot cakes... must be few hundred folks sitting there all day hitting refresh like the dude above... :p

I'll best someone got all excited when they thought they just snagged the one at ZZF... They keep sticking one of those EVGA's as in stock and it's not really there....

Hello everyone.

Reliable sources tell me that NVIDIA had a hard time getting memory for their cards within the last month or so. All that is now resolved and cards should be arriving in stock within the next couple of days starting tomorow.

Well, my sales rep told me they are scheduled to arrive today, and mine will go out next day air gratis. But he failed to send me a email confirming that like I requested. I'll see in the morning when I check the order status! otherwise I guess it's a wait till march for the g71/7900/whatever they are gonna call it.

Stevemr2t said:
wow.. these suckers sell like hot cakes... must be few hundred folks sitting there all day hitting refresh like the dude above... :p

Ha, if your talking about me.......I was just bored in my Physics 20B lecture and decided to browse the egg after someone made a thread about a 7800 GTX 256mb shortage and saw it.

At this point, I'd have to win the lottery to buy one of those things lol. But, I don't play the lottery.......

Well, after spending the last 30 mins on the phone with dell, it doesn't look like my card shipped today. I'm sitting here with money in hand and no new video card. My order was marked to ship today, but it was not invoiced, so it's highly unlikely it's going out today. If it doesn't ship tomorrow, that's it for me, I'll get the 7900 or whatever in march, april, or whatever IF they are available. Just my luck to finally be in the position to be able to afford a bleeding edge video card and unable to purchase it. At least my 2005FPW looks nice, but I wouldn't have bought it had I known I wouldn't be able to get the video card to drive it properly for BF2. At least CS:source looks very nice and smooth at 1680 x 1050. And no, I'm not interested in any ATI offerings since I've got a nforce 4 sli mobo.

Well, I guess the next few days are going to make it or break it for most of the people on backorder here. Let's hope Maingear's "realiable sources" are right!

jacuzz1 said:
what is the deal with the evga spec at only 470 core?

Dunno... mine detected at the same as my BFG's do. Interestingly enough I can't get the auto detect to get any better than BFG's quoted settings although my EVGA clocked higher with the auto detect... any ideas?

jacuzz1 said:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=322746

too little too late, i am waiting for next generation

Looks like they are all gone... no doubt they'll be on EBAY at $800 by tomorrow heheh

Anyways. here's a pic of my system with the two new cards in them...

pc.JPG

jacuzz1 said:
what is the deal with the evga spec at only 470 core?

My eVga's stock came 550/1.7 not sure what you are talking about.

I have mine running at 575/1.8 not much I think auto detect was like 581/1.92 or something forget but both run at the above speed.

Humble_Magii said:
My eVga's stock came 550/1.7 not sure what you are talking about.

I have mine running at 575/1.8 not much I think auto detect was like 581/1.92 or something forget but both run at the above speed.

When I clicked the spec sheet it came up and stated 470, must be outdated

lol im so tempted to sell my 2x bfg 512mb gtxs .. one is like brand new .. and get a 1900xtx .. then go crossfire with it

Stevemr2t said:
Looks like they are all gone... no doubt they'll be on EBAY at $800 by tomorrow heheh

Thats purty. Dude, how is that board with 4 gig of memory. Did you have to relax your timings?

Stevemr2t said:

You only get 10300 points with that? :confused: :confused:

Well, no 7800 gtx 512 for me. After hounding my sales rep at dell he told me that the manufacture can't provide a firm ship date. I told him to cancel if he can't give me a firm ship date. He then told me it would take 4 hours to know if the order could be canceled, which is ridiculous since they can't even tell me IF one can be shipped EVER! I've had an order in since December 21, I"m tired of waiting.

Ronbo said:
Well, no 7800 gtx 512 for me. After hounding my sales rep at dell he told me that the manufacture can't provide a firm ship date. I told him to cancel if he can't give me a firm ship date. He then told me it would take 4 hours to know if the order could be canceled, which is ridiculous since they can't even tell me IF one can be shipped EVER! I've had an order in since December 21, I"m tired of waiting.

You need to signup at ZZF for the back in stock.. looks like they are actually starting to get them in stock... had 3 lastnight.

Actually a bit of an update on that...

ZZF has the BFG and ASUS extreme in stock at $999 .. LOL, but get this!!

They raised the price of the EVGA's to $900! :rolleyes:

yeah, I'm just disillusioned now, and having a hard time justfying why I even wanted the damn thing with all the rumors of something better coming soon. I'm just gonna bank that money and wait for the 7900. And I ordered a BFG one from dell, the $740 I was gonna pay seems like a bargain now LOL

Ronbo said:
yeah, I'm just disillusioned now, and having a hard time justfying why I even wanted the damn thing with all the rumors of something better coming soon. I'm just gonna bank that money and wait for the 7900. And I ordered a BFG one from dell, the $740 I was gonna pay seems like a bargain now LOL

Well the way things are going the 7900 might be $1000 + ;)

if they are over $750, I'm out. I still have a free PCI-E slot, I'll just find a 6800GT to stick in there and make do.

Stevemr2t said:
Well the way things are going the 7900 might be $1000 + ;)

It's true that video card prices have been on the rise, but I think once they get above $1000 consumers are just going to stop buying them. Video card manufacturers are then going to have to lower prices if they want to sell any high-end cards.

They may not do that though, since profits from budget cards > mainstream > high-end.

Stevemr2t said:

So, what you are saying is you have recieved cards Monarch sold to you on Jan 9 is that right?

I think I will contact the better business bureau as they have been holding onto my money since last November, and filled orders placed as recently as two weeks ago.

I will send them a bill for interest, after all they have accepted an un-negotiated loan from me, I think I can set my own terms on this deal.
If they can charge people a 15% restocking fee for returned parts, I can charge them a 15% restocking fee on my returned money.

Back