7800 GTX 512MB sightings

BBA said:
Hillary is the devil

There are so few simple truths in life... You nailed that one.

:)

(No matter what you think of her politics, as a NY'er, I still have a major problem with someone moving to NY on the idea that they want to be a NY senator. Ugh.)

BBA said:
Ok man...your confused with life in general so I should help you out:

Running a card over the speed the manufacturer sold it as is overclocking
Hard drvies do not get damaged from overclocking video cards.
Hillary is the devil

Now go forth to live a happy and fruitful life. :D

Actually a hard drive can and will get damaged from overclocking if your on an older pentium without a pci lock. You hard drive is affected by pci bus speeds on the older platforms
You see in the old days you "overclocked" your video card in a diffeent way by increasing the speed at which your agp bus ran and subsequently your pci bus

jacuzz1 said:
Actually a hard drive can and will get damaged from overclocking if your on an older pentium without a pci lock. You hard drive is affected by pci bus speeds on the older platforms
You see in the old days you "overclocked" your video card in a diffeent way by increasing the speed at which your agp bus ran and subsequently your pci bus

That is true and I was going to post that exact scenerio...

But since the newer systems do not lock together the PCI and IDE frequencies like the old TX/FX/LX/BX chipsets did, it's a moot point that doesnt happen anymore. That and the post was in reference to overclocking video cards...there is no way a video card overclock will damage a hard drive unless by some freak accident it fries the psu and causes a system overvoltage event...if thats even possible.

where are these things this is worse than when the x800xt pe came on and people where even trying to buy from dell, any shipments this month ? and monarch is getting money hungry they want $800.00 for a bfg

They are still shipping...which is better than the 6800Ultra fiasco.

512 nvidia card will be discontinued in Feb next year. Looks like a short life due to 90nm cards coming out.

chronic7 said:
where are these things this is worse than when the x800xt pe came on and people where even trying to buy from dell, any shipments this month ? and monarch is getting money hungry they want $800.00 for a bfg
That is an assinine statement. The X800XT-PE wasn't available for nearly 3 months after release. The 7800GTX 512 was available the day of launch and has been since. I should know, I purchased two on launch and also was around trying to score an X800XT-PE for 3 months.

Night_Hawk-19 said:
512 nvidia card will be discontinued in Feb next year. Looks like a short life due to 90nm cards coming out.

Production will stop most likely in late February, but that does not mean that you won't be able to buy the cards immediately.

finally got my evgas installed yesterday. COD2 is awesome with everything turned up all the way!

Gibthomacas said:
finally got my evgas installed yesterday. COD2 is awesome with everything turned up all the way!

Yes COD2 doesn't look too bad runs good just feels weird playing it since I am a FEAR junkie now.

neisius said:
nevermind, I got sick of waiting. Someone posted a pic of this XFX 7800GT and I just had to have it. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814150124
$280 now and then maybe a 90nm card next year. GTX 512 + $1500 of other upgrades would have maxed out my creditcard anyways :p

Yeah, at this point I would recommend waiting for the refresh in February, since if you buy now your $1500 worth of cards will be outdated in two months.

Just got my BFG 7800gtx 512mb card in today and just finished installing it. Goin to post the 3dmark scores and other stuff in the other thread soon. Can't wait to try FEAR maxed out :D

OMG!! I made the best investment Who knew this day would come when my hardware actually appreciates in value!!! " :eek: :eek: :D

CbtEngr said:
I just saw that myself....this way beyond crazy! guess I'll wait until next year for something else to come along
Only 6 left! better get ass raped while you can!

:D

You gotta be kidding me. I thought I was pushing my limit at $699 but come on $999 and people are buying?! I wish I could go to each person who bought one at that price and just hit them with a chair and say NO!

HOLY CRAP PEOPLE ARE SPENDING 1000 ON A GPU?!

JESUS! Thats nearly as much as a fx-57!!! or, you could get an entire GOOD system for that price!

I never thought id say it, but im glad i paid 699. :(

tskiller said:

JESUS! Thats nearly as much as a fx-57!!! or, you could get an entire GOOD system for that price!

i guess with Xmas around the corner.. people going nutz just wanting to finish there check list :eek:

tskiller said:

lol, there are plenty of people buying TWO! IF you're going to buy just one, why not just get better performance for less by going with SLI 7800gts? Unless you plan to add another later on down the road, this is certainly a better option. Besides, usually by the time you look into adding a second one later on, there will certainly be next gen cards out which will tickle your fancy much more.

EnderW said:
how can you tell how many are in stock?
add 20 to your cart and it will say something like "Your order quantity for certain items may have been adjusted according to our stock availability"

3 left!

neisius said:

all gone! What IDIOTS! $300 over MSRP, when you can get them for $700 on Dell (with a wait)

For $1000 I'd much rather 2 regular 7800GTX's (2x$450) and new SLI PSU $100).

Actually for $1000, I'd rather buy a whole new system with 1 regular 7800GTX in it!

Well, the 512 MB card is living up to the "limited release" moniker. But, $999 is pushing it a bit too far. Hell, I thought $699 and $749 was pushing the envelope. Was I wrong. Glad I ordered mine when I did when everyone was saying the prices will go down in two weeks. So much for that prediction.

Just one more day until the expected shipment. My perdictions:

Newegg: 2 days at $750
Monarch: 3 days at $800
ZipZoomFly: 2 days at $800 but they won't update their website so everyone will think it's still in stock but it won't be
NVIDIA: Sitting back and watching the chaos from their warehouse full of 7800GTX 512's that they're holding back :p

HOCP4ME said:

ZipZoomFly: 2 days at $800 but they won't update their website so everyone will think it's still in stock but it won't be
NVIDIA: Sitting back and watching the chaos from their warehouse full of 7800GTX 512's that they're holding back :p

Just received the e-mail from ZZF about the EVGA 512's in stock... snagged the last 2 best I can tell :) $699 each

Weird, but they didn't jack up the price like the BFG's :)

HOCP4ME said:

You sure monarch is getting a batch tomorrow? (12/15) ? :confused:

Back