7800 GT Volt Mods

Budwise

[H]ard|Gawd
Ive been playing around with some of these lately and have found the memory pencil trick rather easy. Matched with the 1.5v Bios mod its a great combo to pass up some GTX's. If you plan on doing some of these, i strongly urge you to have [H]arder than stock cooling. The quick rundown of the hardware volt mods can be found here.

http://www.vr-zone.com.sg/?i=2656&s=1

I have done the 1.5v Bios mod so far. My card is now watercooled by a MCW55, and i have some ramsinks coming tomorrow and will be performing the Vmem pencil mod then. Ill post up the results then.

i just installed the ramsinks and did the Vmem mod with a pencil. It was very easy, and i only bumped it from 2.03 to 2.09 which is pretty dang small. However my memory OC has gone up from 1250 to 1290. Not too shabby for drawing a line with a pencil.

whoever said the double sided tape on ramsinks sux was soooo right! Although, i found that good ole AS5 works great. People complain all the time about pulling CPU's out of sockets cuz it gets stuck on with AS5, well it works great for ramsinks so far too.

Ramsinks.jpg

Back