7800/7900GTX Stock Cooler Clearance

xbob04

Limp Gawd
Does anyone have a shot of the 7800GTX with stock cooler installed from the perspective of the space under the card. I have a Gigabyte K8VT890-9 mobo and I am concerned my SATA ports are too close and will prevent me from using a GTX card. I am at the edge of my step up period and am in line for a 7900GT but would really prefer to go the GTX route, but I don't have the bones to swap mobos right now. If anyone has a pic that would be helpful, I can swap out my SATA cables for some with right angle connectors, but it really appears that mammoth heatsink will still hit them on this board. Thanks in advance if you have a shot I can look at.

sorry to cramp in...but just wanted to ask whether the GT's and GTX's are comaptible with the AC Silencer 3 Rev 5 ?

To the OP: Looking at a pic of your mobo makes me think you would have the space for the 7900GTX cooler

To Rishy: Maybe on the GTX, but the GT is shorter than the 7800s, so im not sure

I can't comment on the clearance, but if you have issues with it, perhaps you could just get some sata cables with right angle connectors.

Yea, I thought about the right angle connector SATA cables, it looks like I have about 1/2 inch below the stock cooler on the 7800GT, how much larger is the GTX cooler by comparison?

Back