• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

780 Ti SLI 4K Issue

Shixon

n00b
Joined
May 12, 2015
Messages
16
I am running a 780 Ti SLI setup and playing at 4K resolution.

I have been having a weird issue with The Witcher 3. I played for several weeks at 4K resolution with no problems. I had most of the settings set to low and was getting about 45-55 average FPS.

Then about a week ago the game started crashing about 30 seconds into to playing when at 4K. The sound keeps going and the game engine is running but the picture is frozen. Then after 10-15 seconds the game just closes.

I can turn down the resolution to 1440p and play with higher graphics settings no problem. No crashes.

Also, a weird thing I have noticed; If I set the FPS cap to 30 in the settings, I can run the game at 4K resolution without crashing. This is the weirdest behavior of this problem. Why would it crash at 4K when the FPS is not capped?

One last thing I noticed; Probably just a side affect of the crash. When the game crashes, my second 780 Ti in my SLI jumps to 100% utilization for a couple seconds while the 1st 780 Ti does not. Other than that the 780 Ti's are running synchronously.

Any ideas?
 
Have you updated your drivers recently? If you get the "nvidia display drivers have stopped working" message after the crash, it could be the drivers causing the crash.
 
Are you able to post your system specs. I had this issue myself on a Rampage V extreme, 5960x and 3000CL15 ram. After a large amount of fine tuning it turned out to be the System Agent Voltage or VCCSA voltage as known on other platforms. I had to slightly increase it a couple of notches and have not had a crash since. This game is very strenuous on system memory.
 
Are you able to post your system specs. I had this issue myself on a Rampage V extreme, 5960x and 3000CL15 ram. After a large amount of fine tuning it turned out to be the System Agent Voltage or VCCSA voltage as known on other platforms. I had to slightly increase it a couple of notches and have not had a crash since. This game is very strenuous on system memory.

MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX
RAM: 1600 speed. 8 gigs. 2 sticks. Can't remember the brand. Oldest parts in my rig.
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell Quad-Core 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 (2-Way SLI)
PSU: AX850 (CMPSU-850AX) 850W ATX12V v2.31
 
Back
Top