780 ti owners - what sort of BOOST clocks are ye getting?

5E7EN

Weaksauce
...Have been lucky enough to score the use of an EVGA 780 Ti SC with ACX coola - price aside, these cards really put in when it comes to boost clocks, this particular one, (ASIC quality 75.5%), boosts to 1150 consistently, stock volts of 1.187. I have seen this exact boost clock reported on reviewers version of these cards, would there be such a thing as a 'stock' boost ceiling, irrespective of thermals/volts? Since the card isn't mine to keep, I haven't/wont be over/clocking/volting in any form, really would like to though...Any of you other 780 Ti users getting nice boosterz?

The 780 non ti used to have did 1.2ghz on stock voltage, but wouldn't really go much more with an over voltage. Still, from stock of 847mhz, that is a massive overclock. I feel like the reason why nvidia charges such a premium on their cards is because if you get the right versions, they can oc like crazy.

I have a vanilla evga 780 ti with 87.6 asic that on the stock bios boosts to about 1045. Using the sc acx bios boosts as high as 1176 without overclocking. I definately got a decent card.

Results will change depending on what vendors do with their bios versions. You can have a set clock. Which is what I saw with reference 670/680 cards from evga. Also, I've seen ASIC based bios where the card will boost higher depending on the asic. AMD does the same thing with the boost cards, kind of. They have a set clock, but voltage will be different depending on ASIC. Most reference cards have a set clock and most OC editions let the card boost to its ASIC content :p

I think you guys are taking this ASIC quality shit a bit too serious. The moment you add voltage to a card is the moment ASIC means nothing. So if you are buying a $800 OCing card to NOT overclock then ASIC may mean a lot to you -- because you will ONLY rely on GPU boost. For the rest of us that OC cards that we spend a premium for, we know that ASIC means shit all. ASIC - vdroop = doesn't matter it is all silicone lottery.

My EVGA 780ti SC boosts to 1124Mhz with 1.187v by default. Its on water now but I didn't overclock much yet, only added +52 for a moment and 1176Mhz were still stable. ASIC is 74.8%. I like this card, compared to my mediocre overclocking Titan I had before its a great performance boost and I can probably get another 100Mhz easily.

I think you guys are taking this ASIC quality shit a bit too serious. The moment you add voltage to a card is the moment ASIC means nothing. So if you are buying a $800 OCing card to NOT overclock then ASIC may mean a lot to you -- because you will ONLY rely on GPU boost. For the rest of us that OC cards that we spend a premium for, we know that ASIC means shit all. ASIC - vdroop = doesn't matter it is all silicone lottery.

If asic means vdroop then a high asic card will be more likely to clock better as actual voltage will be closer to what you set in afterburner or whatever program the user prefers. Experienced this with a crap asic 7970. 1.3v was actually like 1.18v, really frustrating. If volt modding on ln2 or something or a card like a lightning that u can unlock much higher then its up to the lottery.

If asic means vdroop then a high asic card will be more likely to clock better as actual voltage will be closer to what you set in afterburner or whatever program the user prefers. Experienced this with a crap asic 7970. 1.3v was actually like 1.18v, really frustrating. If volt modding on ln2 or something or a card like a lightning that u can unlock much higher then its up to the lottery.

Basically what I meant was that it is all silicone lottery regardless of ASIC quality. I have seen people on overclock.net send cards back if they have less than 84% ASIC on the lightning and then get a card that can't hit 1200mhz when there "shitty" 71% ASIC could do 1320 easy. It's all a lottery and I am not sure ASIC really means anything relevant. I have yet to see it correlate to anything of note. The only thing I have seen is that a better ASIC score will sometimes give a higher boost clock for GPU boost on stock voltage. But then that is irrelevant as soon as you add any voltage to the cards. I did a lot of digging into this when I had my 670 and my 7970 and I couldn't find any concrete evidence for what ASIC meant to overclockers. Voltage leak was a term thrown around but that's about it.

Hmmm. Ive had about 15 different 670s and 680s. Asic was basically a given to what youd get for a clock on all of them. 2 sig2 cards had 91% asic did over 1300mhz. Zotac amp was 98% did almost 1400mhz. Wf3 was like 78% only did 1202 or so. Ftw 680 was 81% did about 1254mhz. Reference 680 was 74% only did about 1176. Thats why I see it meaning something. The higher the asic I got the hogher the oc. I think its quite meaningful in my experience. I will say my amp 780 is 77% I think and it does 1228 while my reference was close to that and only did 1160 something. Thats not a huge diff tho.

Back