775 Celeron Dual Core...Blu Ray playback?

awmann

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 1, 2012
Messages
111
I've got a Celeron E1200 rig with 2GB DDR2 667 I'm gonna use as an HTPC.

Is the processor capable of doing the Blu Ray playback with a BD drive? Or would something like a low end C2D be better?

I know the video card I'm getting can do it, how bout my proc?
 
I was running a single core s775 CeleronD @ 2ghz w/ a GTS450 that played 1080i content just fine .. now the same box runs an e6600 @ stock w/ a GT 240 vidcard (hdmi out) .. still runs 1080i content just fine.

2 x 2gb DDR2 modules .. 380wtt Antec "green" psu.

(hooked up to a 56" DLP that only does 1080i)

this box doesn't have a Blu ray drive .. but plays either ripped DVD .iso's or ripped Blu-rays (mkv files) via VLC that are housed on my main computer.
 
Even the cheapest discrete cards on the planet will fully-accelerate Bly-Ray playback. The Celeron will probably be enough to back it up.

I don't think a castrated single Core 2 is going to cut it without the video card, however.
 
Back
Top