• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

771 to 775 mod

Anyone doing this Mod... did you all update your bios? When updating Bios did you do them sequentially or just flashed to the newest Bios?
Just as HAF72, I intend on doing it on a Asus P5Q pro and a X5460.

Updating sequentially is useless. Each BIOS replaces everything that is newer than the previous BIOS.

The only time that you need to update to a previous BIOS before flashing the newest BIOS is on some Dell machines (older models - they changed something that for some reason required to be updated to at least a specific version before going to the latest) and also when ASUS changed the format on some of their BIOSes (x79 boards).

There may be others, but those are the only two that I am aware of.
 
Thanks for the heads up Cyclone, I flashed some bios around ten years ago but the details were fuzzy. I've been looking to find someone that has the same mobo & it appears HAF72 had the same mobo.. fingers crossed I can get some advice :)
 
Thanks for the heads up Cyclone, I flashed some bios around ten years ago but the details were fuzzy. I've been looking to find someone that has the same mobo & it appears HAF72 had the same mobo.. fingers crossed I can get some advice :)

ASUS would have it noted on their page if you need to update to a specific BIOS before going higher.

If not, then you can just flash right to the newest BIOS.
 
That's wild... and now I'm wondering if I should mess with my E8200/Abit IP-35 Pro that serves as my Win7 Media Center TV-watching machine.
 
Ive done this mod about 4 times now.... Whats really fckd up is that since this has become more popular, the OLD 775 boards that work with the mod are selling for ridiculous prices on ebay... Now its to the point that getting a new board and cheap proc will give you the same performance for the same price and incredibly lower power.
 
Back
Top