7700 Cu = HEAVY

Tony123

Weaksauce
I got an A8N SLI Premium with a 3800+ Venice

And I also have the 7700 Cu to cool it. I hear it weighs about 2 pounds :eek:

Is it ethical to mount that thing on a mobo that will stand vertically?

It's how most people have their computers; vertically.

However, I do not advise you to move the computer around with that thing installed. You can break something.

well I wouldnt use the word "ethical", wrong way of using the word

It really shouldnt matter as long as you don't move your rig around
the XP-90c is actually heavier and ppl do fine with that

since the cooler is relatively flat compare to other heavy weights (coolermaster hyper 6), you shouldnt have a problem.

Installed properly that things not going anywhere dont worry about it...not that great a cooler in my experience but its quiet

aldy402 said:
well I wouldnt use the word "ethical", wrong way of using the word

It really shouldnt matter as long as you don't move your rig around
the XP-90c is actually heavier and ppl do fine with that

do motherboards not also have a right to be treated in a fair manner by their masters? have we become so prideful as humans as to utterly neglect the well-being of our electrical components?

that said, i do feel that the weight of a heatsink is justifiable if the heat dissipation is of a high enough degree that the overall life of the components are prolonged, provided that unecessary stress due to constant transportation is kept at a minimum.

fluxion said:
do motherboards not also have a right to be treated in a fair manner by their masters? have we become so prideful as humans as to utterly neglect the well-being of our electrical components?

Still the answer is no.

Just make sure your mobo is secure by using every available screwhole. if there isn't one in the upper right i wouldn't advise you to get that cooler. seeing as the last thing you would want is to flex a 150+ dollar mobo. that being said that cooler is quite good. it keeps my 3700+(939) running at 2530MHz and 2.5v at 32/33 C and 45-50 C load.

Jerkstore said:
Just make sure your mobo is secure by using every available screwhole. if there isn't one in the upper right i wouldn't advise you to get that cooler. seeing as the last thing you would want is to flex a 150+ dollar mobo. that being said that cooler is quite good. it keeps my 3700+(939) running at 2530MHz and 2.5v at 32/33 C and 45-50 C load.

did you mean 1.5v? 2.5v is alot

Back