7600gt sli

bencho

2[H]4U
Hey, So I thought I'd never use sli but here I am. I just dl'd nvidia 181.22

I have an XFX XXX 7600gt and my friend just upgraded so he tossed me his 7600gt. It's also by XFX but clocked lower. [I also OC'd mine] So I'm in game and I'm getting a lot of 'stuttering' The game will get choppy every time big things happen [im using Left4Dead]. So some quick questions:

Is the stuttering I'm feeling this microstuttering that I hear so much about, and have no idea what it is.

On Rivatuner I can't detect the clock speeds of the 2nd card, does that mean it's trying to run at my OC'd settings on 1st card? Could this be a problem since it can't handle that speed or does it default to lowest speed for both cards?

Why does it seem performance is lower now?

Not gonna lie, I was expecting to plug it in, turn it on and get a boost in frame rates.

Left4Dead has issues with the latest Nvidia drivers and some older Nvidia cards. I was getting lots of stuttering with my 8800GTS 640MB. Rolled back to the 178.xx and all was fine.

If I were you I'd uninstall the current Nvidia drivers, reinstall an older pre 180.xx version and then enable SLI. Try a few other games to.

When I had two 7600GT's in SLI I had to point an additional 80mm fan between the two cards, those single slot coolers can get a bit warm.

damn... l4d is all i play now.... my xfx xxx has a zalman fatality cooler on it. the other one im probably going to leave stock. I'll rollback drivers and let u guys now.

thanks for the reply!

I can't seem to do that... I only have access to the clock speeds on my XXX which is in the primary pciE slot. Riva tuner won't detect settings for the 2nd card. Is there another way of going about that?

Ok so 3dMark06 says SLI is great, almost doubling my score. However, gaming says differently. So I'm just going to not SLI lol

I can't seem to do that... I only have access to the clock speeds on my XXX which is in the primary pciE slot. Riva tuner won't detect settings for the 2nd card. Is there another way of going about that?

Put the 2nd card in the primary PCI-E slot and check the clock speed. Then swap the cards back and alter the XXX card to suit :).

put the slowest clocked card in the primary slot or clock both cards the same speed(you can unde3rclock a factory overclocked card) and roll back to the 178.24 I think. I have an 8800gs in my back up system and it was having stuttering issues. After roll back its smooth and secksy! Also turn off wait for v-sync.

I had the same problem with 2x8800gts in SLI. Disable multi-core support in the Left 4 Dead settings, that should do the trick.

Alternatively, force VSYNC in the Nvidia Control Panel

force it to do what? Are you telling him to use v-sync or disable it? v-sync maxes out the fps @ 60 whne you may be able to push more.

Hey, So I thought I'd never use sli but here I am. I just dl'd nvidia 181.22

I have an XFX XXX 7600gt and my friend just upgraded so he tossed me his 7600gt. It's also by XFX but clocked lower. [I also OC'd mine] So I'm in game and I'm getting a lot of 'stuttering' The game will get choppy every time big things happen [im using Left4Dead]. So some quick questions:

Is the stuttering I'm feeling this microstuttering that I hear so much about, and have no idea what it is.

On Rivatuner I can't detect the clock speeds of the 2nd card, does that mean it's trying to run at my OC'd settings on 1st card? Could this be a problem since it can't handle that speed or does it default to lowest speed for both cards?

Why does it seem performance is lower now?

Not gonna lie, I was expecting to plug it in, turn it on and get a boost in frame rates.

Turn off mouse filtering if you have it on. I was getting some weird jumpy mouse movement with the latest driver in a bunch of games and it was because of mouse fltering. The game was running just fine but the mouse movement made it seem like it wasn't. L4D was one of the games I had this issue with.

Why would I disable multicore support?? I have a dual core so wouldn't it be beneficial to use both cores?

Mismatched clock speeds would cause a decrement in performance? I thought both cards would match themselves to lowest card speed in SLI?

I usually disable VSync anyway*

How do I turn off mouse filtering? Can't seem to find it... o.0?

Multi-core support is known to cause frame rate hitches in Left 4 Dead (In fact, i believe there is an ingame note on the issue).

With regards to V-Sync, I noticed that after forcing it in the Control Panel, the game stopped stuttering (Mind you, this is strictly anecdotal. Other people who encountered the issue found that this did not help)

Back