760 or 7950.

memnoch998

Limp Gawd
I'm in the looking for a new vid card. Both cards seem to trade punches, but with the recent NV pricecuts, i'm a little worried about making the right choice.

Should I jump on a 760 2gb card with physx or a 7970 3gb card? choices choices. I'm leaning toward the NV card with physx as I don't play alot of newer games. Bioshock inf will be one i plan on playing (1080p cranked). Suggestions welcomed. and No. I don't play bf3/4.

Last edited:
the 7950 would be a smarter option than both as it can be had cheaper than a 760 and will outperform it. if you want to play with physx than you only have one option so it's pretty simple either way.

660 Ti was a cool choice earlier this year, but I'm seeing none of the deals I got when I bought mine in March ($169 at the time). Best bang for your buck out of the two would be the 7950 given the discounts being given now to clear out stock. You might want to also check Amazon Warehouse and look for items that either say nothing under condition description or "Item will come repackaged".

7950 its better and if oc'd it will be by a largue ammount..

7950 = 3GB. :) That more memory is going to pay off in the games coming out in the next 6 months. Most people have 2 GB.

I am on a 7870 2 GB and it is a great card. I only got it as their were several deals on graphic cards for AMD's side. Of course then later, the 7950 was marketed down a few weeks after I bought the 7870.

Title says 7950 but the post says 7870 2gb.

GTX 760 has not received any price cuts, the extra value added will be the bundle only unless street prices change or additional cuts are announced.

What is the actual price difference between the options you are considering at the moment?

Bioshock does not support physx. What other games are you interested in? After Batman Origins I'm not aware of any other major upcoming title supporting physx.

7950. Get em while they are available. Game bundle $200 range. Can't be beat for the money angle performance.

If you get a good overclocker a 7950 is a beast of a card and may be the best xfire/sli config on the cheap price/performance wise.

ok, 7950 it is. Thanks, guys. OP edited to make sense. Man, choices, choices. Now is a good time to be in the vid card business. The 760 makes sense to me, because of power draw and the physx option. the 7950 is a better bet, tho. Extra memory and clock speed/performance say it all. Thanks again.

7950. Get 'em while they're hot, get 'em while they're buttered.

PhysX is nice and everything, but there hasn't been more than 1-2 titles per year released that even utilizes it in recent history...

Unless you find a nice deal on the HD7950 prices has jumped back up and both of the cards your talking about are at R9 280X price now which is a lot faster card.

Back