76.41 Drivers... no more temp bug!

Slade

2[H]4U
I've been stuck on 67.02 drivers for awhile now as 7x.xx would give me the temp bug (it really does make it run hotter, external thermistor proof) AND I got an annoying bug that in hl2 some textures would go purple on me, in particular anything with a shadow on it...

76.41 has no temp bug for me and finally a 7x driver that doesn't fuxor hl2... Will be testing out brothers in arms and doom 3 later to see if they still run ok...

hows the IQ? I'm currently using xtreme g 66.77's which have awesome IQ.

If you get some graphs going, I'd change :D

I'm still weary of the 7x.xx drivers.

Sweet. I was getting purple lines all over tiles in dust2 every now and then. Hopefully this will fix that.

Nice, Im going to give this a try as soon as my torrent download is finished, I sure hope it helps my temps, for some reason it says Im idleing at 80c, no OC or anything. I dont think its right though cause I dont get any suttering in games or any artifacting like you would expect from super high temps.

Slade said:
I've been stuck on 67.02 drivers for awhile now as 7x.xx would give me the temp bug (it really does make it run hotter, external thermistor proof) AND I got an annoying bug that in hl2 some textures would go purple on me, in particular anything with a shadow on it...

76.41 has no temp bug for me and finally a 7x driver that doesn't fuxor hl2... Will be testing out brothers in arms and doom 3 later to see if they still run ok...

Nope, Nvidia has commented and said it was only a glitch in the driver itself, and that the cards were actually running at their origonal temp. Please feel free to email Nvidia or do a search, or even use common sence. They would not release something to the public and leave it there for continued use if it ment even the possability of permanent damage to all their products.

Just installed them a little while ago. They seem to work well...I've haven't played enough games yet to be sure. They definately are faster than the 66.93's and they don't have the temp bug of 71.84. I've been reading the same temps as I did with the 66.93's fwiw...

Yeah, it was deffinaly my drivers, befor I was sitting at 80+c idle, sometimes 85c even, with these new drivers Im running at 55c. Ouch.

gosh....I still get the sound glitch in counter strike source....every now and then it would just "tsh" noise....like when the sound loops but this is not looping..this is like a single loop..sound only..the game runs fine though....the 71.84 and older drivers works fine but with the 75.90+ I get this dang glitch..gosh..!!! anyone know how to fix this? I am running an audigy 2 zs with latest drivers and chipset drivers too..

the temp bug as confirmed by an EXTERNAL thermistor in my system (ie not on the car and specified in my first post)...

I wouldn't trust e-mail and press releases from nvidia since I used to work with those spin machine bastards lol

Ah man! I just finished my unattended xp cd and now I have to go back and add these. :eek: Oh well, I look forward to that temp bug fix.

Thanks

going download them now.... I'll report back if they're any problems... if not.... "no news = good news"

edit: SO FAR, SO GOOD, temps are about 21C lower.

3dMark 2005 is about 300 points higher, and no game bugs, yet.

Though I don't play HL2, so don't know about that.

Everything seems fine in FarCry, Doom3 & Soldier of Fortune2 (still my favorite game)

Andrew_Carr said:
Sweet. I was getting purple lines all over tiles in dust2 every now and then. Hopefully this will fix that.

I was having the same problem, andrew...

I found clocking back my memory on the vid card to 1.13ghz fixed that right up. :)
(since our systems specs are very similar!)

-Skystalker

Shifra said:
Nope, Nvidia has commented and said it was only a glitch in the driver itself, and that the cards were actually running at their origonal temp. Please feel free to email Nvidia or do a search, or even use common sence. They would not release something to the public and leave it there for continued use if it ment even the possability of permanent damage to all their products.

Yeah, there's a little semantic fudging going on there, the temp bug does really increase IDLE temps, but not load temps.

As far as I can gather, under the bugged drivers, when the card is in 2d mode it thinks it's in 3d mode and increases voltages accordingly (or something like that) and the temp goes up.

It's not actually harmful because peak temps don't increase beyond the normal range, still it's annoying, but it's not a reporting error as in the numbver on the screen is wrong, it's a reporting error in that the state of the card is being incorrectly repoted internally.

sorry if im changing the topic but i havent been on for awhile, and i've been using the XG 71.84 and I just noticed nvidia released their own 71.84 drivers. is there a difference between those 2 drivers, is the temp bug still there or should i go with the 76.41 and will i get the same performance as the 71.84

br1zz0 said:
sorry if im changing the topic but i havent been on for awhile, and i've been using the XG 71.84 and I just noticed nvidia released their own 71.84 drivers. is there a difference between those 2 drivers, is the temp bug still there or should i go with the 76.41 and will i get the same performance as the 71.84

Yes the new graphics drivers from NVIDIA have the temp bug problem.

i as using the 76.10 and they worked good, i started using these and my 3dmark05 went down @ 410/1100 it was at about 5600 with my BFG 6800GT, but i was able to run half-life 2 at 4xAA and 8xAF with 16x12 res, i think it was that way... they work good heh

BTW, I did get a decent increase in 3dMark2005 with the 76.41 over the official 71.84 dets

I got some boost in my 3dMark03 score. Gained abougt 100 points to 12,642 from 12,552. Didn't notice too much of a difference in gaming though. EQ2 runs the same.

Fucking whack. I benched cs:S on 66.93 then upgraded right to 76.41 (drivercleaner used, etc.) and my fps dropped by almost 25. Thought these were supposed to be faster :(

aZn_plyR said:
gosh....I still get the sound glitch in counter strike source....every now and then it would just "tsh" noise....like when the sound loops but this is not looping..this is like a single loop..sound only..the game runs fine though....the 71.84 and older drivers works fine but with the 75.90+ I get this dang glitch..gosh..!!! anyone know how to fix this? I am running an audigy 2 zs with latest drivers and chipset drivers too..

I don't know if this will help, but NVidia set the PCI Latency on their cards to 248, the absolute highest setting. This only benefits the experience in situations where there is little or no sound or swap file access. *cough*3dMark*cough* ;)

PCI Latency is the amount of time a device can control the PCI/AGP bus until it is forced to let go. Typical settings on PCI are <=32 and AGP is <=64. ATI does this too, however they have a more modest value of <180... can't remember the exact number. Guru3d.com has a link to a PCI Latency Tool 2.3 that can fix this for you. I would suggest to set it in the 120s. Remember that it has to be a multiple of 8 that is <=248.

Back