75hz ok with 172x???

rahavsmt

Gawd
Is it ok if i set my 172x to run 1280*1024 at 75hz refresh rate?. Or would it damage my monitor because i have to untick the box 'Hide modes that this monitor cannot display'. Im asking because ive seen other people run their monitor at this refresh rate.

rahavsmt said:
Is it ok if i set my 172x to run 1280*1024 at 75hz refresh rate?. Or would it damage my monitor because i have to untick the box 'Hide modes that this monitor cannot display'. Im asking because ive seen other people run their monitor at this refresh rate.

its really up to you, take the risk, if you see any problems after enabling 75hz revert back to the previous one.. like i have my CRT monitor 17''incher running 1152 x 864@200hz of course thats not a mode thats normally there for me so i have to show these modes and everything hjas been fine ... had it like this for about 1year / half

But does it cause any permanent damage to the monitor even if i revert back to 60hz if there's a problem?

rahavsmt said:
But does cause any permanent damage to the monitor even if i revert back to 60hz if there's problem?

all i can really recommend is dont go over board, cause that can cause permanent damage and screens do differ i would recommend running 75hz on your lcd just to be on the safe side

no it definately wont cause damage
that tick box is for the days of OLD CRTs which didnt have electronics to examine the input signal (think of those old monitors with wheels to adjust the size and contrast...lol)

any modern CRT would just say No and go into sleep mode
TFTs wont have a problem, though you will notice more ghosting at 75hz as you're obviously showing more frames per second....though I guess that is a 12ms panel..........

whoever said they have their CRT at 200Hz, go into the properties on the monitor, it will say whatever the max is without clicking that box.

Kind of like monitor overclocking ehh? :D

my 19" samtron 1600x1200 100hz does 1792x1344 @ 95hz

Back