>/=75Hz 24" 1080p IPS?

Koko56

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi guys,

right now I have the Dell U2414H IPS monitor. It's pretty good for colors, but even at a 70Hz overclock, it's not ideal for gaming - I feel a difference to my old 19" TN panel even.

So I'm wondering,are there any good IPS monitors for games out there which can give a high refresh rate, ideally over 75Hz?

I know there is the ROG PG279Q. At ~ £720 however, it's just too much to justify. I would happily get a 24" version of it if there was something like it.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

No IPS units, but there is the FG2421, which is a VA panel supporting 120Hz with strobing.

You can also consider a CRT.

Yeah, CRT (guess something like a Sony GDM-FW900) would be super cool to be honest and I think in the back of my mind it would be the ideal scenario. But, I'm making an excuse that it's too big and my table won't be too happy with it. And hard to get. Maybe one day, down the line... eh!

I've spotted Asus MG279Q as a good candidate. I don't have an AMD GPU, but I really just want it for the 144Hz refresh rate. Having just played on the Dell at 60Hz it's almost impossible, kept getting killed in Siege with bots, now I've set up my old Syncmaster 19" and it's so much better at 75Hz and there is almost no delay, instant!

That's kind of what I'm hoping to get with the MG279Q, but with a bigger screen and IPS ontop.

As far as fast IPS-type panels it seems like all that technology is going into the 27" and 34" ultrawide space. It's hard to find a fast 24" panel that isn't TN.

No IPS units, but there is the FG2421, which is a VA panel supporting 120Hz with strobing.

You can also consider a CRT.
While an excellent display, the FG2421 is just as expensive as the PG279Q with the added negative of dealing with the horrible panel lottery. There is a lengthy discussion about it on this forum here.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1788465

Just got the monitor!

It's huge! Absolutely huge! It's has great responsiveness, but now I notice motion blur instead...

I think there will be a period of getting used to the sheer size of the monitor, perhaps in some way the size exaggerates blur.

I might just be one of those CRT people, because I don't see myself going to a TN panel TBH.

And the funny thing is, I still find my 19" TN panel from 2005 to have lower motion blur! :D

I'd say the biggest difference is going from 60Hz to 75Hz. I think ideally, I would like a 1920x1200 75Hz+ monitor.

Back