750GB Barracuda 7200.10

hopefully we can see some reviews.. this sucks too, cause i just bought a 74 gig raptor

It is supposed to use perpendicular storage and is quiet AND fast. The only problem is the $539 price tag in Canada eh.
It would be great for backups though. Especially for an HTPC.
That's alot of simpson's episodes.

I just bought a 7200.10 320 GB drive from ZipZoomFly.com for $129. It should be interesting to note any performance differences. Anyways, it was pretty affordable.

I just had a client order 5 of them from newegg for some burn in testing to figure out if they will work for a storage cluster he has. I should be flying out in a few weeks to deploy the final cluster which should around 40TB of usable space using 15 bay 3u cases and lots of drives :D

FirePhoenixctk said:
sometimes beats raptor
Not in anything important or noticeable. No one should be under the illusion that this is faster than the Raptor in any real-world scenario. Nonetheless, the 7200.10 demonstrates strong, nearly class-leading performance in basically everything that has been tested.

nothing touches the spindle speed of the raptor no matter how fast the drive is.

IMO this is the fastest (and biggest) 7200rpm drive and a massive improvement over the 7200.8 and 7200.9's.

Back