74gb WD raptor hd help

millerpa17

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 18, 2005
Messages
171
Ok, so I've had this raptor 74gb for a couple months now and ever since I bought it, it has been making a loud grinding noise (more like vibrations that dissipate into the case, causing a loud grumbling noise, especially when I'm defragmenting my hard drive. Is this a serious problem?? It doesnt really bother me that much, but it does worry me...I took it back to the store where I bought it, but they tested it outside of a computer case, so they heard nothing. Its been quite a few months now and I'm afraid that one day it's going to just lock up on me. Is this noise a problem?? Should I send the hard drive back to western digital? Thanks for your time,
Paul

p.s I really appreciate any help
 
Raptors have loud seek noises, mostly noticable when defragging. You should be ok.
 
Back
Top