74gb Raptor - Partition Recommendations?

sitheris

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
1,787
Well I'm going to get the 74gb raptor soon and was wondering what is the best way to set up partitioning -

I was thinking about not doing any partitions at all and just using the entire 74gb for my OS and all my games (since some games take up a lot of space).

Would anyone here do it any differently?

Should I cut it down to a 50gb partition for OS and games and use the other 24gb as a seperate storage drive? I could fill up the 50gb pretty quickly with programs and games, that's why I'm asking
 
What I'm doing is using that as OS and games (maybe apps), no format whatsoever. My 320 WD will be formatted for storage, so I suggest if you don't have a second drive you should get one soon, especially if you have a lot of stuff.
 
Oh i already have a 160gb sata drive i plan on using for storage, and an 80gb ide that I plan on converting to external HDD for additional storage.
 
Just one big drive then. Usually I'd recommend putting swap on the 160, but with 2GB of ram it probably doesn't matter.
 
Yeah. If you already have another drive for storage, there's nothing wrong with just using it all on one partition.

I went with the same setup.. 74g raptor for windows, and two drives via raid0 for storage. Let's you nuke windows at will with not much pain.
 
Since it's only 74GB, and you have a seperate data disk, I would just leave it in a single partition if you plan on using over half the space for OS/apps/games.
 
Back
Top