720P overscan problem on 7800GT

BoogerBomb

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok folks I just switched from and X800 to a 7800GT. With the X800 I connected my HDTV via DVI and they had a resolution of 1152x648 that fit my screen perfectly without any adjustment on my part. Nvidia doesnt have tha option so I created the custom resolution. It still has overscan and I cant see the edges of the screen. Is there a way to get the screen to fit using the 1152x648 resolution?

BoogerBomb said:
Ok folks I just switched from and X800 to a 7800GT. With the X800 I connected my HDTV via DVI and they had a resolution of 1152x648 that fit my screen perfectly without any adjustment on my part. Nvidia doesnt have tha option so I created the custom resolution. It still has overscan and I cant see the edges of the screen. Is there a way to get the screen to fit using the 1152x648 resolution?

What version of the drivers are you using ?
YOu need to use the utilities that come with stock nvidia drivers to adjust the picture.

Rob

Uh, if you can create a custom resolution, why not just adjust it until it fits?

I set the custom resolution to 1152x648 which was perfect on the ATI card, but on the Nvidia card it didnt resize the picture and made it quite a bit more blurry. I eventually found the overscan compensation section and set the reslution to 1152x648 by trial and error and I guess it automatically changes the timings because that resolution now works properly. I was using the newest drivers but COD2 Fear and Doom3 all crashed right after the game loaded so I have gone to the ones that came on the CD and will see how the fare.

FYI this is now a moot point as the card began artifacting in those games. He said fuck going cheap and got an X1800XT 512 card.

Back