720p image on Dell UltraSharp 24.0" 2407WFP?

I need a high-def solution for the Playstation 3 and this display would be able to run 1080p as well as a resolution up to 1200p basically while in Linux.
I really like this display but probably my biggest concern is running 720p on it. I am not sure how well 720p would work on a display that runs up to 1200 pixels.
Does anyone happen to have any experience with it and running 720p or 1080p?
I’d appreciate any advice.
Thanks.

I've been playing my 360 on it in 720p VGA for about 6 months now. Works really well for that.

Unfortunately it doesn't work well for everything else. Component inputs might as well not even be there because they are horrible. Colors so over saturated and blurry, its useless 720p, and "signal out of range" at 1080p.

1080p over VGA will yield better results, but still far from perfect. For one thing, at 1080p, it will stretch the image to fill the 16:10 screen, so it is not to scale. Sure, its only stretch 120 vertical pixels, but it is quite noticeable. Also, anytime you turn to a different input and go back to 1080p VGA, you will have to adjust the scaling in the options menu on the monitor. Else you will have annoying lines in your image.

At the end of the day, this display has too many problems to recommend to even my enemy. If you just want 720p over VGA, you've got yourself a fine display, for everything, forget about it.

Go with a 1080p Westinghouse 37" LCD for a couple hundred more, and you will be a happy gamer.

I plan on using the PS3s HDMI port and the displays DVI port. Digital to digital instead of an analog connection. So maybe it would yield better results?

Should work and have good result. I think your Dell 24" has the 1:1 video scaling feature so when that is enabled its time to game at 1920 x 1080!!!. I don't have a PS3 but curious to see how they setup their display setting in the PS3. 1920 x 1080 through Monster Gold plated VGA cables into my 24" Gateway looks awesome. Need to enable 1:1 in 1920 x 1080 or else image quality will be distorted. It's ok if you run it at a lower resolution.

Thank you very much for your response.
I'm pretty hard set on getting this monitor, I think I'll be pretty happy with it.

Back