720P, 720i????

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
I have a LCD tv that supports 1366x768. What is that?

Will I get full screen with the xbox 360, PS3 and Wii?
720P is that 1280x720?

Why do they call it 720P and I and O and stuff instead of listing the resolutions properly?

ok. That must mean I can´t use my tv on an Xbox 360 or PS 3 then... It just goes blank every time I try to use 1280x720...

Same problem, im running s-video to sony bravia 32" but max res i can get is 1024x768... my pc monitor is a dell 2407. Max res on the tv says 1360x768... is there any way to get that please?

marts said:
Same problem, im running s-video to sony bravia 32" but max res i can get is 1024x768... my pc monitor is a dell 2407. Max res on the tv says 1360x768... is there any way to get that please?

S-video is your problem. It cannot provide the bandwidth to produce 720p.
Move to HDMI, DVi, or Componant.

HDMI and DVI don´t work either... Don´t know if it´s my nvidia video card or something...

Your video card will natively output 720p or 768p (Whichever your LCD is) over DVI, HDMI, and component.

UnknownSouljer said:
S-video is your problem. It cannot provide the bandwidth to produce 720p.
Move to HDMI, DVi, or Componant.

No problem, i'm just using it for video and a few games at the moment... seems to run good at 1024x768 with a little tinkering.

I doubt you'd have a problem connecting a PS3, Xbox360 or any other consumer electronic device. This is pretty much a PC only problem.

Most TVs don't guarantee ANY sort of connectivity to a computer over HDMI/DVI or will only 'officially' support a fixed set of resolutions from a pc. Typically it comes down to a problem with the pc not outputting the correct timings for the video signal or possibly a problem with the devices handshake. If you have a Nvidia card go into the Screen resoltions and refresh rate section of the Nvidia control panel. Under Advanced Timing look in the Mode & timing box there are a bunch of presets which typically follow the HDTV standard. Theres some pictures and a desctiption here. You may need coolbits to be enabled to see it (not sure) and in some cases it may not be available for your card.

S-video is only going to pass 480i. The 1024x768 (the max of the tv-encoder chip) is being scaled down on your computer and output at 480i over s-video.

Back