*72-Hour Sale* WD Caviar SE16 3.5in 640GB $99.99

Why be so cruel to me...I am stopping by there in about an hour to pick up a back order part. :mad:

Dammit. I just bought another 750GB drive, when instead I could have grabbed some of those.

Oh damn... 2 of these for $212 shipped or 2 x 320 7200.11's for $137 shipped...

=/

Better price per GB for 640's, but not sure if I really need that much... already got an 8 x 750 for server... just want a fast OS setup... without resorting to raptors :)

Oh damn... 2 of these for $212 shipped or 2 x 320 7200.11's for $137 shipped...

=/

Better price per GB for 640's, but not sure if I really need that much... already got an 8 x 750 for server... just want a fast OS setup... without resorting to raptors :)

then these would be the driver to choose!

If I had that much money D=

I don't know what I'd do with 1.28 TB for an OS drive... 640GB is more reasonable (I'd be running Raid0 with 2 drives)

That's why I don't put anything important on my Raid0 :)

I got a Raid1 + Raid5 + external backup for the important stuff..

Smoking hot deal would be in for 3 if I didnt have 5 drives already.

Nice drives. Have two of them in a RAID1 data array in my workstation here. Wish I could justify adding one or two and stepping up to RAID5, but I keep most of my important data on my home server's RAID5 array already (4x 500GB 7200.11). Actually somewhat tempting to swap out that array with one of these.

yea the s/h here sucks...too bad i don't live in Houston for the free local pickup :(

11.05 for 2

oh well i'd prolly go for the raid idea myself....just for os's of course

Anyone else starting to use hard drives like floppy disks with the now introduced SATA hard drive docks?

should i order one of these or get the 750gb samsung spinpoint that is for sell still?

Im so torn =(

there is no comparison, WD, and frankly, samsung, i just dont trust their harddrives, TV ya, harddrives, no

If I had known about the launch of the 640GB drives with 2 platters I wouldn't have bought my WD 750gb HD back in Feb. But oh well I am still happy with what I have :cool:

I bit.

I desperately needed more storage - and now I have a new primary drive :)

I almost got that 750gb western digital a few months back as well. I'm glad I waited.

Edit: Good lord! Have I really been a member of the [H]orde for nearly 8 years ??!!? Time flies...

In 8 years a lot of good games have gone by too. I still remember the old days when graphics hardware was evolving and both nVidia and Ati were young. Sigh! a trip down the memory lane.

I bit.

I desperately needed more storage - and now I have a new primary drive :)

I almost got that 750gb western digital a few months back as well. I'm glad I waited.

Edit: Good lord! Have I really been a member of the [H]orde for nearly 8 years ??!!? Time flies...

I'm glade I'm not the only one that has just realized how long it's been.

Just ordered 3 more of these.

I have been exceedingly pleased with them thus far.

With the Thermaltake BlaX USB mount, I don't ever see myself buying another external disk again. :cool:

If I had known about the launch of the 640GB drives with 2 platters I wouldn't have bought my WD 750gb HD back in Feb. But oh well I am still happy with what I have :cool:

but these were announced in Jan! =O!

hehehe, i got one at 95.95 here in CA...Canada that is. w00t!

Says $109.99 now :(

Have I really been a member of [H] for over 7 years now - how depressing :(

Says $109.99 now :(

Have I really been a member of [H] for over 7 years now - how depressing :(

Why is it depressing?
I think it's a good thing. You were part of a community where alot of help and information gets exchanged.

I think you should be proud. ^^

Back