• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

700% completed?

Mnx4

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
1,039
I haven't really paid attention to my folding over the weekend and today I noticed that Fahmon was reporting that I had a work unit that was over 700% completed and well, I didn't think that seemed right. Here's the last part of the status message:
[05:40:49] Completed 354499985 out of 50000000 steps (709%).
[05:46:20] Completed 354999985 out of 50000000 steps (710%).
[05:51:52] Completed 355499985 out of 50000000 steps (711%).
[05:57:23] Completed 355999985 out of 50000000 steps (712%).
[06:02:55] Completed 356499985 out of 50000000 steps (713%).
[06:08:27] Completed 356999985 out of 50000000 steps (714%).
[06:13:58] Completed 357499985 out of 50000000 steps (715%).
[06:19:30] Completed 357999985 out of 50000000 steps (716%).

Only other pertinent info I can find is: Project: 11177 (Run 14, Clone 266, Gen 34)

I'm not sure what other info to post to figure out this problem or even if it is a problem. We had a power out about a week ago when I was folding, so there's possibly a corrupted work unit, but I can't tell if it's just some weird reporting error. Thoughts?
 
Corrupted WU, I would delete the WU from the work directory and try again. It may be because of the power cut, it could be from the WU itself
 
Yup, I've had a couple get to 200% or so before i caught them. Just gotta delete the WU.
 
Yup, as others are saying it sounds like a corrupted WU. I've had that happen to me before when I was folding on the PII 965 in the gaming rig on one particular work unit. I ended up having to change the machine ID number, queue.dat file, and delete the work directory as it kept redownloading the same one when I simply dumped the WU by deleting it.
 
On the bright side, you came close to winning the interwebs.
 
Yah thats what I was thinking too. Report it, maybe send a copy of the log file etc before you delete it, in case they want any other info...
 
Yah thats what I was thinking too. Report it, maybe send a copy of the log file etc before you delete it, in case they want any other info...

you should always report strange behavior like this... otherwise it won't get fixed... it still might not... but certainly helps the chances...
 
How do I report the work unit? I deleted it before I read you can report it... So, just so I know for future reference.
 
Back
Top