Shadowssong
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Sep 17, 2009
- Messages
- 1,969
Hey just wanted to get some critique on my build for my friend. I'm usually answering these kind of threads but I figured I should get you guys to gander at it before I tell him to order the parts.
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
General use, some games, nothing intensive
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Less than $700 (I ended up only spending roughly $560)
3) Where do you live?
Florida, no Mc or anything, would be ordering from newegg
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
Everything except GPU.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
HD4850
6) Will you be overclocking?
Probably not
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
He has a 22 inch LG (1680x1050)
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Soon
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Nope
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
He already has Win7 Pro 64bit/32bit from the MSDNAA program
He told me he would prefer no LED's on the case, thus my case selection. He also said he would prefer a quieter comp, so I'm looking to get a cpu heatsink but I see that the Hyper 212+ has gone up in price and I see newegg has just recently stocked the cogage true spirit. I take most of my suggestions from Danny and I can't see anything wrong, just if anyone has any good deals please let me know.
Build thus far:
Phenom II X4 955 + Asus EVO AM3 785G Micro
OR
Phenom II X4 945 + Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3
G.Skill DDR3-1600 4GB(2x2GB)
Antec Neo ECO 520w (w/ $10 coupon)
WD Caviar Blue 500GB (Single platter one)
CM RC-690 II
CM Hyper 212+
Comes to roughly $550. I think I'd like to stick around here budget wise to have the rest for him to upgrade his gpu in the future.
Thanks in advance guys!
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
General use, some games, nothing intensive
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
Less than $700 (I ended up only spending roughly $560)
3) Where do you live?
Florida, no Mc or anything, would be ordering from newegg
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific.
Everything except GPU.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
HD4850
6) Will you be overclocking?
Probably not
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
He has a 22 inch LG (1680x1050)
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Soon
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? etc.
Nope
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? 32bit or 64bit?
He already has Win7 Pro 64bit/32bit from the MSDNAA program
He told me he would prefer no LED's on the case, thus my case selection. He also said he would prefer a quieter comp, so I'm looking to get a cpu heatsink but I see that the Hyper 212+ has gone up in price and I see newegg has just recently stocked the cogage true spirit. I take most of my suggestions from Danny and I can't see anything wrong, just if anyone has any good deals please let me know.
Build thus far:
Phenom II X4 955 + Asus EVO AM3 785G Micro
OR
Phenom II X4 945 + Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3
G.Skill DDR3-1600 4GB(2x2GB)
Antec Neo ECO 520w (w/ $10 coupon)
WD Caviar Blue 500GB (Single platter one)
CM RC-690 II
CM Hyper 212+
Comes to roughly $550. I think I'd like to stick around here budget wise to have the rest for him to upgrade his gpu in the future.
Thanks in advance guys!
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.